MinimServer Forum

Full Version: no conversion in JPlay hibernate mode with AO core
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I find that mp3 files set in properties to convert to wav24 will not play with hibernate on but will play with hibernate off in JPlay. Perhaps hibernate shuts down some process essential for format conversion? Might there be a fix or workaround?

Also, I too would like strongly request a sort/search for most recent additions or last modified ones and for a shuffle tracks play mode or a random playlist generator to help remind us of the many library entries that get forgotten in large collections.
(16-04-2015 16:59)riboge Wrote: [ -> ]I find that mp3 files set in properties to convert to wav24 will not play with hibernate on but will play with hibernate off in JPlay. Perhaps hibernate shuts down some process essential for format conversion? Might there be a fix or workaround?

Does this occur with flac to wav24 transcoding as well?

Quote:Also, I too would like strongly request a sort/search for most recent additions or last modified ones and for a shuffle tracks play mode or a random playlist generator to help remind us of the many library entries that get forgotten in large collections.

I am hoping to add the ability to locate recently added tracks in a future release.

There are a number of control points that provide shuffle mode and/or random play. BubbleUPnP has a very good implementation.
(16-04-2015 18:22)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-04-2015 16:59)riboge Wrote: [ -> ]I find that mp3 files set in properties to convert to wav24 will not play with hibernate on but will play with hibernate off in JPlay. Perhaps hibernate shuts down some process essential for format conversion? Might there be a fix or workaround?

Does this occur with flac to wav24 transcoding as well?

Quote:Also, I too would like strongly request a sort/search for most recent additions or last modified ones and for a shuffle tracks play mode or a random playlist generator to help remind us of the many library entries that get forgotten in large collections.

I am hoping to add the ability to locate recently added tracks in a future release.

There are a number of control points that provide shuffle mode and/or random play. BubbleUPnP has a very good implementation.
Flac to wav24 works fine.

I know of none with shuffle or random that run on iPad. I have to run Foobar without minimserver/streamer to have this function.
(16-04-2015 19:49)riboge Wrote: [ -> ]Flac to wav24 works fine.

MinimServer does conversion from mp3 to wav24 by calling ffmpeg. For flac to wav24, the conversion is internal to MinimServer. It sounds like JPlay hibernate mode is preventing ffmpeg from running.

Quote:I know of none with shuffle or random that run on iPad. I have to run Foobar without minimserver/streamer to have this function.

Which control point do you normally use on the iPad?
(16-04-2015 22:14)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-04-2015 19:49)riboge Wrote: [ -> ]Flac to wav24 works fine.

MinimServer does conversion from mp3 to wav24 by calling ffmpeg. For flac to wav24, the conversion is internal to MinimServer. It sounds like JPlay hibernate mode is preventing ffmpeg from running.

Quote:I know of none with shuffle or random that run on iPad. I have to run Foobar without minimserver/streamer to have this function.

Which control point do you normally use on the iPad?
Kazoo almost always, Lightning DS upon occasion.

Any ideas about dealing with ffmpeg in hibernate?
(16-04-2015 22:46)riboge Wrote: [ -> ]Any ideas about dealing with ffmpeg in hibernate?

You would need to ask the JPlay developers about that.
(16-04-2015 22:46)riboge Wrote: [ -> ]Kazoo almost always, Lightning DS upon occasion.

I found a shuffle icon in Lightning DS but it didn't seem to do anything when enabled. Sad

There is a shuffle icon in Kinsky. This seems to work OK. Linn have said (I think) that they will add all Kinsky features to Kazoo, so hopefully this will show up in Kazoo soon.
(16-04-2015 23:26)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-04-2015 22:46)riboge Wrote: [ -> ]Kazoo almost always, Lightning DS upon occasion.

I found a shuffle icon in Lightning DS but it didn't seem to do anything when enabled. Sad

There is a shuffle icon in Kinsky. This seems to work OK. Linn have said (I think) that they will add all Kinsky features to Kazoo, so hopefully this will show up in Kazoo soon.
An icon does not a working function make. Kazoo has a shuffle icon as well--at the bottom of the queue list. It just does nothing, at least when controlling minimstreamer.
(16-04-2015 23:46)riboge Wrote: [ -> ]An icon does not a working function make. Kazoo has a shuffle icon as well--at the bottom of the queue list. It just does nothing, at least when controlling minimstreamer.

I tried this and it is working for me. The playlist (queue) order doesn't change but the next track is selected randomly when the current track finishes. I'm using a Linn DS as the renderer.
(17-04-2015 00:54)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]I tried this and it is working for me. The playlist (queue) order doesn't change but the next track is selected randomly when the current track finishes. I'm using a Linn DS as the renderer.

The shuffle icon in Lightning DS works in the same way. I think it is setting shuffle mode in the renderer so that the renderer picks a random track from the playlist as the next track to play. If this isn't working with JPlayStreamer, this might be a problem (or missing functionality) in JPlayStreamer.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's