MinimServer Forum

Full Version: minimwatch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
1st post here
I appreciate that this problem has been posted before with various work rounds. The ones I understood I tried like ensuring the correct java bit/ Minimwatch installation.
I have installed Minimserver on an Asustor AS-5002T and that appears to be running ok.
I have installed Minimwatch on a Lenovo g505 lap-top 64 bit.
I can't get Minimwatch to connect with the server. The desk top icon stays grey.
Reading through some of the posts here clearly some posters have a good comprehension of computers. I don't Huh so if you are able to help get me up and running I would appreciate that.
Cheers
Blue
(08-04-2015 00:45)blueye Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
1st post here
I appreciate that this problem has been posted before with various work rounds. The ones I understood I tried like ensuring the correct java bit/ Minimwatch installation.
I have installed Minimserver on an Asustor AS-5002T and that appears to be running ok.
I have installed Minimwatch on a Lenovo g505 lap-top 64 bit.
I can't get Minimwatch to connect with the server. The desk top icon stays grey.
Reading through some of the posts here clearly some posters have a good comprehension of computers. I don't Huh so if you are able to help get me up and running I would appreciate that.
Cheers
Blue

I'm not sure whether you are referring to the MinimWatch launch icon on your desktop or the small minim icon in your system tray (bottom right corner). The launch icon should always stay grey but the small minim icon should change from grey to green when MinimServer is running.

If it is the small minim icon that is staying grey, this is likely to be caused by the firewall settings on your Lenovo laptop. To confirm this, try completely disabling the Windows firewall on your laptop. Does this make a difference?
Good day Simoncn
I'm referring to the grey icon on the desktop. The try icon is green. I wish to control the music on my NAS via laptop.
Blue
(08-04-2015 10:54)blueye Wrote: [ -> ]Good day Simoncn
I'm referring to the grey icon on the desktop. The try icon is green. I wish to control the music on my NAS via laptop.
Blue

The desktop icon is always grey. It sounds like MinimWatch is working correctly. To control your music, you need to run a UPnP control point. I am using Linn Kinsky version 4.3.2 on Windows and it works well. (There are problems with later versions.)
Which one should I use 4 3 2 dll or 4 3 2 exe or pkg?
And do I then have to have watch on my desk top?
Reading the minim site I thought the watch was a control app. If not what does watch do?
Thanks
Blue
(08-04-2015 11:26)blueye Wrote: [ -> ]Which one should I use 4 3 2 dll or 4 3 2 exe or pkg?
And do I then have to have watch on my desk top?
Reading the minim site I thought the watch was a control app. If not what does watch do?
Thanks
Blue

MinimWatch is used to monitor, configure and manage MinimServer.

You should use the exe version of the Kinsky installer.
I have downloaded Kinsky 432. My nas is wired to the router.
The kinsky app sees the music files but there is no room or source to choose from and the controls are not enabled. I suspect I'm missing something obvious here. I simply want to control my music on the nas and enable usb to dac. If Kinsky can't do it what can. Iv got Rompr to work but I'm looking for alternatives. I don't have any Linn equipment. I tried Kazoo and that also just sits on my laptop doing nothing. Any further ideas?
One further observation. I have downloaded Mimimserver & Minimwatch and have desk top icons on my desk top. I cant open either of them???
Thanks
Blue
(09-04-2015 17:28)blueye Wrote: [ -> ]I have downloaded Kinsky 432. My nas is wired to the router.
The kinsky app sees the music files but there is no room or source to choose from and the controls are not enabled. I suspect I'm missing something obvious here. I simply want to control my music on the nas and enable usb to dac. If Kinsky can't do it what can. Iv got Rompr to work but I'm looking for alternatives. I don't have any Linn equipment. I tried Kazoo and that also just sits on my laptop doing nothing. Any further ideas?
One further observation. I have downloaded Mimimserver & Minimwatch and have desk top icons on my desk top. I cant open either of them???
Thanks
Blue

May be you want something like XBMC.
You can control this on your laptop and use MinimServer.
No volume control integrated though, you have to use the control in the Windows bar or if available the control on your DAC.
Remote control with a app also possible.

Peter.
[attachment=802][attachment=803][attachment=804][attachment=805][attachment=806][attachment=807][attachment=808][attachment=809]
(09-04-2015 17:28)blueye Wrote: [ -> ]I have downloaded Kinsky 432. My nas is wired to the router.

Kinsky is looking for a UPnP renderer. Do you have your USB DAC plugged into the NAS? If so, I think it is possible (but not simple) to install and set up XBMC on the NAS to act as the UPnP renderer.

Quote:One further observation. I have downloaded Mimimserver & Minimwatch and have desk top icons on my desk top. I cant open either of them???
Thanks
Blue

As I explianed in a previous post, double-clicking on the desktop launch icon for MinimWatch creates a small minim icon in the system tray. All MinimWatch functionality is accessed by right-clicking this system tray icon, not from the desktop launch icon. If you have installed MinimServer on Windows, this works in a similar way.
Reference URL's