MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Composer sorting and reverseName
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Simon,

My first post as an extremely satisfied user of minimserver.

I recently noticed a different behaviour of my settings of tagOptions and tagValues for reversing composer names:

I set up all the options as suggested in the manual, (populationg ComposerSort and so on). However, for a few days the reversing did not work anymore. Also the Lumin app showed for example [Bruckner, Anton] as separate entries for [Anton] and [Bruckner]. I suspect the Lumin app treats the comma as separator for values.
Just now I tried and changed the tagOption entry from "ComposerSort.reverseName.display.index" to "Composer.reverseName.display.index", leaving the tagValues as before at "Composer.value.sort={ComposerSort}, Composer.default={ComposerSort}" and the composer name reversing works again.

Can you confirm this behaviour?

Michael
(31-03-2015 16:57)baymike Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Simon,

My first post as an extremely satisfied user of minimserver.

I recently noticed a different behaviour of my settings of tagOptions and tagValues for reversing composer names:

I set up all the options as suggested in the manual, (populationg ComposerSort and so on). However, for a few days the reversing did not work anymore. Also the Lumin app showed for example [Bruckner, Anton] as separate entries for [Anton] and [Bruckner]. I suspect the Lumin app treats the comma as separator for values.
Just now I tried and changed the tagOption entry from "ComposerSort.reverseName.display.index" to "Composer.reverseName.display.index", leaving the tagValues as before at "Composer.value.sort={ComposerSort}, Composer.default={ComposerSort}" and the composer name reversing works again.

Can you confirm this behaviour?

Michael

Thanks very much for pointing out this problem. My apologies for the long delay in replying.

I have checked the User guide and the code and I can confirm that the code doesn't match the User guide description. This is because of an incorrect change to the code that was introduced in update 53.

This incorrect change will be reversed in the next MinimServer update and you will need to change your settings to match the User guide description. I have added some text in the last two paragraphs of this section explaining the new rules for how this works.

In the example that you followed when doing your tagging, it is important not to apply the reverseName setting to the Composer tag because the point of the example is that Composer tags contain values that would not be reversed correctly. Applying the reverseName setting to the ComposerSort tag is OK because these values will be reversed correctly.
(09-11-2015 21:41)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks very much for pointing out this problem. My apologies for the long delay in replying.

I have checked the User guide and the code and I can confirm that the code doesn't match the User guide description. This is because of an incorrect change to the code that was introduced in update 53.

This incorrect change will be reversed in the next MinimServer update and you will need to change your settings to match the User guide description. I have added some text in the last two paragraphs of this section explaining the new rules for how this works.

In the example that you followed when doing your tagging, it is important not to apply the reverseName setting to the Composer tag because the point of the example is that Composer tags contain values that would not be reversed correctly. Applying the reverseName setting to the ComposerSort tag is OK because these values will be reversed correctly.

This change (in update 71) caused a problem, so I have modified it slightly in update 73. Instead of

tagOptions: ComposerSort.reverseName.display.index
tagValue: Composer.value.sort={ComposerSort}, Composer.default={ComposerSort}

you need to specify

tagValue: Composer.value.sort={ComposerSort}, Composer.default={ComposerSort.custom}

I have updated the User guide to reflect this change.
(01-12-2015 23:24)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ][quote='simoncn' pid='18290' dateline='1447101701']
you need to specify

tagValue: Composer.value.sort={ComposerSort}, Composer.default={ComposerSort.custom}

Hello Simon, I'm having the same issue that Mike pointed out. If the value in the field "COMPOSER" contains a comma, the Lumin app separates the name to 2 different listings. In my collection, the COMPOSER field contains "[Last Name], [First Name]" and I'd like it to be displayed that way. I attached a screen shot so you can see exactly how I have it tagged. My collection contains a mix of all kinds of different file formats (FLAC, AIFF, WAV, DSF, etc.) and I used JRiver Media Center to tag it all.

I pasted the above (quoted) into the tagOptions and tagValue properties in MinimServer, and now I'm getting the error message "incorrect tag name 'ComposerSort' in property 'tagOptions'."

Any tips? Thanks!
(06-03-2016 18:32)Amargolis Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Simon, I'm having the same issue that Mike pointed out. If the value in the field "COMPOSER" contains a comma, the Lumin app separates the name to 2 different listings. In my collection, the COMPOSER field contains "[Last Name], [First Name]" and I'd like it to be displayed that way. I attached a screen shot so you can see exactly how I have it tagged. My collection contains a mix of all kinds of different file formats (FLAC, AIFF, WAV, DSF, etc.) and I used JRiver Media Center to tag it all.

I pasted the above (quoted) into the tagOptions and tagValue properties in MinimServer, and now I'm getting the error message "incorrect tag name 'ComposerSort' in property 'tagOptions'."

Any tips? Thanks!

Your issue isn't the same as Michael's because he wants the tagged names to be reversed by MinimServer and you don't. For what you want to do, you shouldn't be using ComposerSort.

I suggest you ask the LUMIN developers for advice. MinimServer is sending the value that you want (containing a comma) and it is the LUMIN app that isn't handling this correctly. You can confirm this by using some other control point such as Linn Kinsky to view your library.
FYI the problem with Lumin's treatment of a comma as a separator has been around for a couple of years (usually mentioned with regard to the Artist tag - "Beatles, The" is treated as two artists in Lumin!).

Clearly a quick solution is not likely
Reference URL's