MinimServer Forum

Full Version: aac, mp3 won't play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(20-03-2015 10:00)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-03-2015 00:47)riboge Wrote: [ -> ]I was already using a static version but downloaded a slighter newer version. I also replaced avicap32.dll and msvfw32.dll which also was missing from winsxs folder, but still no playing of aac file. Running ffmpeg.exe in task manager brings no error message now but nothing else is visible after doing it--still no play.

FFmpeg probably needs some other DLLs to do the transcoding that aren't needed to just start and display its summary screen. I'm surprised that this would happen with a static build, as I thought this contains all necessary dependencies within the ffmpeg.exe file. Perhaps there are some required DLLs missing on Wserver2012r2 that are present on a regular Windows 7 system.

You coud do some further debugging by running the same ffmpeg commad that MinimServer is using to do transcoding. For mp3:wav24 transcoding, the command to use is:

ffmpeg -analyzeduration 0 -f mp3 -request_sample_fmt flt -i "your-test-file.mp3" -f s24le -acodec pcm_s24le -sample_fmt s32 - >NUL:

with your-test-file.mp3 rplaced by the full path to any MP3 file. Does this show up some more missing DLLs?
I wish you could copy/paste into the command window. Typing that command without errors is quite daunting while not likely to reveal much. I am guessing since I could play mp3s before the latest versions but also before I reverted from core mode to gui mode to install a new hdd with relaxed permissions and then had to rerun Audiophile optimizer after returning to core mode that something(s) were damaged or lost in that process which caused the loss of mp3 play. I will try redoing the mode changes and rerunning AO to see if that helps first.
(20-03-2015 15:48)riboge Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-03-2015 00:47)riboge Wrote: [ -> ]I was already using a static version but downloaded a slighter newer version. I also replaced avicap32.dll and msvfw32.dll which also was missing from winsxs folder, but still no playing of aac file. Running ffmpeg.exe in task manager brings no error message now but nothing else is visible after doing it--still no play.

FFmpeg probably needs some other DLLs to do the transcoding that aren't needed to just start and display its summary screen. I'm surprised that this would happen with a static build, as I thought this contains all necessary dependencies within the ffmpeg.exe file. Perhaps there are some required DLLs missing on Wserver2012r2 that are present on a regular Windows 7 system.

You coud do some further debugging by running the same ffmpeg commad that MinimServer is using to do transcoding. For mp3:wav24 transcoding, the command to use is:

ffmpeg -analyzeduration 0 -f mp3 -request_sample_fmt flt -i "your-test-file.mp3" -f s24le -acodec pcm_s24le -sample_fmt s32 - >NUL:

with your-test-file.mp3 rplaced by the full path to any MP3 file. Does this show up some more missing DLLs?
I wish you could copy/paste into the command window. Typing that command without errors is quite daunting while not likely to reveal much. I am guessing since I could play mp3s before the latest versions but also before I reverted from core mode to gui mode to install a new hdd with relaxed permissions and then had to rerun Audiophile optimizer after returning to core mode that something(s) were damaged or lost in that process which caused the loss of mp3 play. I will try redoing the mode changes and rerunning AO to see if that helps first.
It also won't convert in gui mode, so that didn't help. Can you take over my computer and explore the problem to help me?
(20-03-2015 17:14)riboge Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-03-2015 15:48)riboge Wrote: [ -> ]

It also won't convert in gui mode, so that didn't help. Can you take over my computer and explore the problem to help me?
I now have tried the command you offered. It produces the error: 'ffmpeg' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file
(20-03-2015 22:39)riboge Wrote: [ -> ]I now have tried the command you offered. It produces the error: 'ffmpeg' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

I'm surprised by this, as in a previous post you said that you were able to run ffmpeg from the task manager file menu.

What do you have in the stream.converter property? Is it just ffmpeg or is it a full path to the location of your ffmpeg executable? If it is the latter, you need to use the same full path when running the test ffmpeg command.
(20-03-2015 22:48)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-03-2015 22:39)riboge Wrote: [ -> ]I now have tried the command you offered. It produces the error: 'ffmpeg' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

I'm surprised by this, as in a previous post you said that you were able to run ffmpeg from the task manager file menu.

What do you have in the stream.converter property? Is it just ffmpeg or is it a full path to the location of your ffmpeg executable? If it is the latter, you need to use the same full path when running the test ffmpeg command.
I have the full path and ran it in task manager, but when I put that in command window I am not sure how you deal with Program Files in the path, ie, with a space, with an underline space or what. And where do I put the full path? at the beginning.
IT WOULD REALLY SHORTEN AND FACILITATE IF YOU COULD TAKE CONTROL AS jOSEF OF JPLAY HAS AND DO WHAT YOU CAN ALL AT ONCE INSTEAD OF IN BITS AND PIECES WITH LONG INTERVALS AND AMBIGUITIES.
(20-03-2015 22:56)riboge Wrote: [ -> ]I have the full path and ran it in task manager, but when I put that in command window I am not sure how you deal with Program Files in the path, ie, with a space, with an underline space or what. And where do I put the full path? at the beginning.

You need to use quotes around the full path, for example:

"C:\Program Files\your-folder\ffmpeg.exe" -analyzeduration 0 -f mp3 -request_sample_fmt flt -i "your-test-file.mp3" -f s24le -acodec pcm_s24le -sample_fmt s32 - >NUL:
(20-03-2015 23:07)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-03-2015 22:56)riboge Wrote: [ -> ]I have the full path and ran it in task manager, but when I put that in command window I am not sure how you deal with Program Files in the path, ie, with a space, with an underline space or what. And where do I put the full path? at the beginning.

You need to use quotes around the full path, for example:

"C:\Program Files\your-folder\ffmpeg.exe" -analyzeduration 0 -f mp3 -request_sample_fmt flt -i "your-test-file.mp3" -f s24le -acodec pcm_s24le -sample_fmt s32 - >NUL:
if I enter c:\program files\ffmpeg.exe I get "c:\program" is not a known command, ..."
(20-03-2015 23:11)riboge Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-03-2015 23:07)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]You need to use quotes around the full path, for example:

if I enter c:\program files\ffmpeg.exe I get "c:\program" is not a known command, ..."

As I said, you need to use quotes around the full path.
(20-03-2015 23:12)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-03-2015 23:07)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]You need to use quotes around the full path, for example:

I have a screenshot of the command window that resulted. I don't know what to make of it. How do I send it to you?
(20-03-2015 23:12)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]

I have a screenshot of the command window that resulted. I don't know what to make of it. How do I send it to you?
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's