MinimServer Forum

Full Version: MinimServer Communication Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have a Synology DS214. Java and MinimServer are up to date on the latest updates.
I am having difficulty at times assigning the content directory path. Currently, my path is set to /volume1/ which will pick up all of my music. Beyond /volume1/ I have several subfolders that contain .flac and .dsd files.

When I assign the content directory to /volume1/ the MinimWatch app on my PC constantly says that it is "Starting" with a yellow icon. If I assign a different content directory for example, /volume1/DSD_MUSIC, the MinimWatch app will show that it is now running and display in a green icon.

This is a very difficult problem to describe, sometimes it does it and other times it is working fine.

At this time, I have the content directory set to /volume1/ and it is working as it should. 10 minutes ago, the content directory was set to the same directory and the MinimWatch app displayed a yellow icon "Starting".

Any help? Ideas?

Thanks.
Are all your folders set-up as shared folders on the Synology NAS?

A typical NAS setup would be /volume1/music/DSD_MUSIC etc. - if the content directory is then set at /volume1/music it will pickup all the subfolders.

It could be that not having one folder branching from volume1 is the issue.

However, you can add extra content directories in Minimwatch - Goto properties, and under the server tab there is an entry called ContentDir: to the right there is a + button, which can be used to add the extra directories.

Hope this helps
Nick

PS Don't worry Simon will clear the problem up if I'm off the mark
(15-03-2015 19:36)joeeac Wrote: [ -> ]When I assign the content directory to /volume1/ the MinimWatch app on my PC constantly says that it is "Starting" with a yellow icon. If I assign a different content directory for example, /volume1/DSD_MUSIC, the MinimWatch app will show that it is now running and display in a green icon.

The yellow icon and the Starting message mean that MinimServer is scanning your files. If your content directory is set to the whole of /volume1, this will take longer than if your content directory is set to a subfolder within /volume1 because there are more files to scan.

After the first complete scan, MinimServer creates a cache file to make future scans faster. The time taken by the scan depends on the speed of the CPU and disks(s) in your NAS and the number of folders and files to scan.

If you have subfolders within /volume1 that contain a lot of non-music files, it would be a good idea to exclude these folders from scanning. You can do this by creating a /volume1/music subfolder as stampie has suggested.
Reference URL's