MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Rescan music library while minimstreamer is running
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to do this so that you don't have to close and then restart minimserver to get new music entries recognized. It takes several minutes to restart and be able to find/list the library again.
(12-03-2015 01:18)riboge Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to do this so that you don't have to close and then restart minimserver to get new music entries recognized. It takes several minutes to restart and be able to find/list the library again.

Not at present. I am hoping to be able to support this in a future release.

If you start playing a track before the rescan, the music will continue while the rescan is happening.
(12-03-2015 09:58)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2015 01:18)riboge Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to do this so that you don't have to close and then restart minimserver to get new music entries recognized. It takes several minutes to restart and be able to find/list the library again.

Not at present. I am hoping to be able to support this in a future release.

If you start playing a track before the rescan, the music will continue while the rescan is happening.

If you have to restart minimserver to rescan then you cannot play anything before the rescan is complete and the library is displayed, no? It even takes a while for Kazoo, for instance, to find minimserver again when you restart.
(12-03-2015 15:09)riboge Wrote: [ -> ]If you have to restart minimserver to rescan then you cannot play anything before the rescan is complete and the library is displayed, no? It even takes a while for Kazoo, for instance, to find minimserver again when you restart.

You can start a track playing, then select Rescan from the minim icon. The track will continue to play while the rescan is happening and Kazoo is rediscovering the libary. Try it!
(12-03-2015 16:24)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2015 15:09)riboge Wrote: [ -> ]If you have to restart minimserver to rescan then you cannot play anything before the rescan is complete and the library is displayed, no? It even takes a while for Kazoo, for instance, to find minimserver again when you restart.

You can start a track playing, then select Rescan from the minim icon. The track will continue to play while the rescan is happening and Kazoo is rediscovering the libary. Try it!

There is no minim icon in Kazoo on my ipad. The point of using it is to operate at a distance from the server where minim runs and the icon might appear. But not even there on my server in AO core mode. Might there be a cmd window command or a .bat file I could use to start a rescan while minimserver is running?
(12-03-2015 16:57)riboge Wrote: [ -> ]There is no minim icon in Kazoo on my ipad. The point of using it is to operate at a distance from the server where minim runs and the icon might appear. But not even there on my server in AO core mode. Might there be a cmd window command or a .bat file I could use to start a rescan while minimserver is running?

Open a web browser and type the address http://x.x.x.x:9790 where x.x.x.x is the IP address of the machine running MinimServer. You will see a Rescan button on this page.
(12-03-2015 17:03)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-03-2015 16:57)riboge Wrote: [ -> ]There is no minim icon in Kazoo on my ipad. The point of using it is to operate at a distance from the server where minim runs and the icon might appear. But not even there on my server in AO core mode. Might there be a cmd window command or a .bat file I could use to start a rescan while minimserver is running?

Open a web browser and type the address http://x.x.x.x:9790 where x.x.x.x is the IP address of the machine running MinimServer. You will see a Rescan button on this page.
That works. Thanks.
Reference URL's