MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Control point response
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since MinimServer update 60 and MinimStreamer 0.5.5 I have had problems with my control point. I can select the first track on switch on then if I close the control point app and re-open it then it fails to re-engage with the streamer or server. Occasionally it may wake up some 10 to 15 minutes later but not always. This problem exists on iPad running the Chord HD app and on Nexus7 running the Chord HD app. Running BubbleUpnp on the nexus does work eventually but it takes about 10 mins to find the renderer then another 5 mins to find MinimServer, after that it appears to work ok. I thought MinimStreamer 0.5.9 sorted it last night but no, I still have the problem.
(07-03-2015 17:54)beckphotonik Wrote: [ -> ]Since MinimServer update 60 and MinimStreamer 0.5.5 I have had problems with my control point. I can select the first track on switch on then if I close the control point app and re-open it then it fails to re-engage with the streamer or server. Occasionally it may wake up some 10 to 15 minutes later but not always. This problem exists on iPad running the Chord HD app and on Nexus7 running the Chord HD app. Running BubbleUpnp on the nexus does work eventually but it takes about 10 mins to find the renderer then another 5 mins to find MinimServer, after that it appears to work ok. I thought MinimStreamer 0.5.9 sorted it last night but no, I still have the problem.

Your reference to 15 minutes is a big clue to what's causing this. It sounds like a network problem caused by UPnP multicast discovery M-SEARCH messages not being handled correctly by the network. The control point should send these when it's reopened and the server and renderer should respond. It sounds like these messages aren't being received by the server and renderer. The server and renderer are also sending out "alive" multicast announcement messages periodically and the control point is eventually receiving an "alive" message and reestablishing contact.

The first step is to power all your equipment off and on, including all control points, servers, renderers, switches and routers. This might fix the problem. If it doesn't, have you made any changes to anything in your network recently?

There have been no recent changes to network discovery in MinimServer or MinimStreamer.
(07-03-2015 18:25)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-03-2015 17:54)beckphotonik Wrote: [ -> ]Since MinimServer update 60 and MinimStreamer 0.5.5 I have had problems with my control point. I can select the first track on switch on then if I close the control point app and re-open it then it fails to re-engage with the streamer or server. Occasionally it may wake up some 10 to 15 minutes later but not always. This problem exists on iPad running the Chord HD app and on Nexus7 running the Chord HD app. Running BubbleUpnp on the nexus does work eventually but it takes about 10 mins to find the renderer then another 5 mins to find MinimServer, after that it appears to work ok. I thought MinimStreamer 0.5.9 sorted it last night but no, I still have the problem.

Your reference to 15 minutes is a big clue to what's causing this. It sounds like a network problem caused by UPnP multicast discovery M-SEARCH messages not being handled correctly by the network. The control point should send these when it's reopened and the server and renderer should respond. It sounds like these messages aren't being received by the server and renderer. The server and renderer are also sending out "alive" multicast announcement messages periodically and the control point is eventually receiving an "alive" message and reestablishing contact.

The first step is to power all your equipment off and on, including all control points, servers, renderers, switches and routers. This might fix the problem. If it doesn't, have you made any changes to anything in your network recently?

There have been no recent changes to network discovery in MinimServer or MinimStreamer.
Many thanks for your quick response and what you say makes a lot of sense. The only recent change to the network has been as a result of BT upgrading the software to our HomeHub4. This has caused a WiFi problem with my Husbands MacBook Pro, so we have had to separate the 2.4 GHz and 5GHz WiFi networks at the HomeHub. The only component that has not had a hard reboot since then is a switch so tonight, everything will have a full hard reboot and we shall see what transpires tomorrow.
(07-03-2015 18:44)beckphotonik Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-03-2015 18:25)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]

Many thanks for your quick response and what you say makes a lot of sense. The only recent change to the network has been as a result of BT upgrading the software to our HomeHub4. This has caused a WiFi problem with my Husbands MacBook Pro, so we have had to separate the 2.4 GHz and 5GHz WiFi networks at the HomeHub. The only component that has not had a hard reboot since then is a switch so tonight, everything will have a full hard reboot and we shall see what transpires tomorrow.

Hi
I might be able to help. I have had a very similar issue with the BT HH5. I have separate 2.4 and 5 GHz networks uniquely named. If my iPad connects to the 5GHz, it cannot connect to the DSX. If I force my iPad to connect to the 2.4 network, all is good and the connection is fast, etc...
Try this if you can.
Regards, Anton
Anton, many thanks for that, I shall try that tomorrow. Just switched everything off, after listening to a DSD album with no errors. Try using only the remote to control the DSX, remove as much network activity as possible and you should reduce the likelihood of DSD dropouts.

Donna.
Connecting my iPad to the 2.4GHz network cures the problem. Thanks Anton. It also resolves a similar issue with my Husband's MacBook Pro trying to connect to MinimWatch. No joy or very unstable at 5GHz but fine at 2.4GHz. Thanks BT, great software in your HomeHubs or not I think!
Reference URL's