MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Updates no longer auto-updates Synology / Halts MinimServer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Simon,

I noticed that since update 0.8.3. update 60 the auto-update no longer works. MinimServer asks me to update. When I do so, after the update MinimServer has stopped and I need to go into the package center in DSM to manually start it again.

The same happened today with update 61.

Thanks for looking into it.

NB: I'm running the latest DSM software.
(05-03-2015 20:25)bbrip Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Simon,

I noticed that since update 0.8.3. update 60 the auto-update no longer works. MinimServer asks me to update. When I do so, after the update MinimServer has stopped and I need to go into the package center in DSM to manually start it again.

Did you get a pair of minimserver-heapdump-* and minimserver-threads-* files in the MinimServer/appData folder when this happened? If so, please save these files as I would like to see them.
(05-03-2015 20:25)bbrip Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Simon,

MinimServer on my DS115 just auto-updated itself from update 59 and 0.5.4 to update 62 and 0.5.8. It restarted itself automatically as well.
The update to 62 worked without issues as well here. Weird...
(05-03-2015 23:04)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Did you get a pair of minimserver-heapdump-* and minimserver-threads-* files in the MinimServer/appData folder when this happened? If so, please save these files as I would like to see them.

I got those files but they are too large to attach (headbump =3.8 MB)
(06-03-2015 21:14)bbrip Wrote: [ -> ]U go those files but they are too large to attach (headbump =3.8 MB)

Please upload them to my FTP server. I will PM you the server details now. Many thanks!
(06-03-2015 21:09)bbrip Wrote: [ -> ]The update to 62 worked without issues as well here. Weird...

Thanks for uploading the files. I've checked them and they don't contain any evidence of a problem that would prevent MinimServer relaunching itself after the update. A long time ago, someone else had this problem (also on Mac) and it seemed to clear itself up after a few updates. This isn't a great answer but it's the best one I have. Sad
Dont worry, as I said, with update 62 all is fine again...
(09-03-2015 23:27)bbrip Wrote: [ -> ]Dont worry, as I said, with update 62 all is fine again...

I hope it stays that way. Smile
Reference URL's