MinimServer Forum

Full Version: HTTPService: error creating server socket: Address already in use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm in the process of installing MinimServer on Linux Mint 17.1, and am facing issues :

- the launch icon does not appear on my desktop
- the "startc" command prompts me with the following error message :

HTTPService: error creating server socket: Address already in use
MinimServer error: now stopped, use 'restart' or 'exit'
Enter command (? for help), or null to exit:

Pls. see the attached screenshot ...

Java version "1.7.0_75" is apparently installed successfully. (Pls. see the attached screenshot)

Thank you so much foy your help !!!
(12-02-2015 12:20)graz-lag Wrote: [ -> ]I'm in the process of installing MinimServer on Linux Mint 17.1, and am facing issues :

- the launch icon does not appear on my desktop
- the "startc" command prompts me with the following error message :

HTTPService: error creating server socket: Address already in use
MinimServer error: now stopped, use 'restart' or 'exit'
Enter command (? for help), or null to exit:

Java version "1.7.0_75" is apparently installed successfully. (Pls. see the attached screenshot)

Thank you so much foy your help !!!

The first screenshot shows that you already had automatic startup enabled before running minimserver/bin/setup, so MinimServer would have been started automatically as part of system startup. You got this error message because MinimServer was already running when you tried to start it again using startc.

You can stop all running instances of MinimServer by using minimserver/bin/stopall. After doing this, you can use minimserver/bin/startc to start MinimServer with an interactive console.

I see from the first screenshot that you have also enabled desktop integration for MinimServer. In this case, you should be using the minim icon in the system tray on your desktop to manage and configure MinimServer instead of the startc command. Does this icon appear if you reboot the system and login to the desktop?
Thanks for the quick reply.

I see the icon on the desktop, but it does not open up ---> neither with the double-click nor with the right-click "open" function ...

(12-02-2015 13:25)graz-lag Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the quick reply.

I see the icon on the desktop, but it does not open up ---> neither with the double-click nor with the right-click "open" function ...

It could be that the system tray functionality is not working correctly with your version of Linux. After rebooting and double-clicking the desktop launch icon, please check the files minimserver/data/minimserver.log and minimserver/data/minimserver.out and post the contents of these files here.
Hi Simon,
I attach the two files for your review.
Thanks.
(12-02-2015 14:11)graz-lag Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Simon,
I attach the two files for your review.
Thanks.

Please also attach the file minimserver/idata/jminim.log. Thanks!
sure !!!
(12-02-2015 16:50)graz-lag Wrote: [ -> ]sure !!!

Thanks! This file shows the error. I think you might have installed the wrong version of Java (a version for headless systems only). Which Java package exactly did you install?
the one you will see in the attached screenshot
(12-02-2015 17:54)graz-lag Wrote: [ -> ]the one you will see in the attached screenshot

This doesn't provide enough information. When you installed Java, what was the exact name of the package that you used?
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's