MinimServer Forum

Full Version: MinimServer Set Up Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(06-03-2015 01:15)signature8 Wrote: [ -> ]No, I do not see any such Tag in file. Cover are is showing up though in JRiver. Thanks.

It sounds like JRiver is not set up to save cover art inside DSF files. To fix this, see the section "Save Cover Art in the file (when possible)" on this page and also see "Save File Properties in Disk Files" on this page. You might also need to do "Update Tags (from library)" as described at the bottom of this page.
I read all this, but have a question; when I go to Tools>Options>Library & Folders>Manage Library Fields, I see all kinds of Tags but nothing reads IDv2 or anything like that. What am I missing?

Also, my Synology NAS has two LAN ports; one I connected to my switch, can I connect second LAN port to the rendered and use MinimServer/MinimWatch? Thanks.
(06-03-2015 16:16)signature8 Wrote: [ -> ]I read all this, but have a question; when I go to Tools>Options>Library & Folders>Manage Library Fields, I see all kinds of Tags but nothing reads IDv2 or anything like that. What am I missing?

The ID3v2 tag is the container that holds all the file's tag values and album art. If you write the album art into the file, this will update the file's ID3v2 tag.

Quote:Also, my Synology NAS has two LAN ports; one I connected to my switch, can I connect second LAN port to the rendered and use MinimServer/MinimWatch? Thanks.

This second port is used for failover and link aggregation. It can't be used to connect a renderer. You would need to connect the renderer to your router or switch.
Quote: The second is caused by having the date in yyyy-dd-mm format. It should be yyyy-mm-dd. You can fix this using a tagging program such as Mp3tag.

I have not really played with tags so much, except to add cover art. I have mp3tag loaded, but tried to play with it and also looked their support forum but was not able to find out how to convert this tag. Any information/help will be appreciated. Thanks.
(13-03-2015 20:28)signature8 Wrote: [ -> ]I have not really played with tags so much, except to add cover art. I have mp3tag loaded, but tried to play with it and also looked their support forum but was not able to find out how to convert this tag. Any information/help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Are all your dates tagged incorrectly, or only some?

What format are your files (e.g., mp3, flac, wav, m4a)?
(14-03-2015 13:02)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-03-2015 20:28)signature8 Wrote: [ -> ]I have not really played with tags so much, except to add cover art. I have mp3tag loaded, but tried to play with it and also looked their support forum but was not able to find out how to convert this tag. Any information/help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Are all your dates tagged incorrectly, or only some?

What format are your files (e.g., mp3, flac, wav, m4a)?

No only (many) DSF files.

WAV, FLAC, and DSF.
Another issue I am just discovering is that even though I see DSD (DSF) files in Kinsky, but when I try to play then they do not play. Basically I can only play PCM (WAV or FLAC) files only so far. I do not know if it is a issue with my rendered Sonore Signature Rendu or MinimServer or Kinsky. Let me know please. Thanks.
I have plenty of WAV files which are in the show log and I need to convert, but I am noticing some albums are not showing up in Kinsky and they are not in the error log also, so they are just not getting scanned? I think I will go ahead and covert all WAV files and see what happens. Any other reasons? Thanks.
(14-03-2015 16:56)signature8 Wrote: [ -> ]No only (many) DSF files.

WAV, FLAC, and DSF.

Try opening these files in Mp3tag and looking at the DDMM column. Do you see values there? Are they in DDMM format or MMDD format?

If the dates are in MMDD format, you need to change them to DDMM. You could do this manually or by batch converting them using a scripting function.
(15-03-2015 02:42)signature8 Wrote: [ -> ]Another issue I am just discovering is that even though I see DSD (DSF) files in Kinsky, but when I try to play then they do not play. Basically I can only play PCM (WAV or FLAC) files only so far. I do not know if it is a issue with my rendered Sonore Signature Rendu or MinimServer or Kinsky. Let me know please. Thanks.

To play these files using Kinsky, you need to put dsf:dopwav in the stream.transcode property. This uses DoP/WAV format (a PCM wrapper containing DSD data) to send the files to the renderer.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's