MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Use the same tag twice for 2 different style indexes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

I would like to use the tag Date twice in the index: One time formated to year, and one time formated as decade.
Reason: I found formatting to decade dismisses the option to filter down by year. So with one Date index given, you either have the choice to see decade chapters _or_ years chapters. If I could bring in the Date tag twice (with different names or something) I could have both options available.

greets,
Wolfgang
(19-01-2015 17:32)Wolfgang Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!

I would like to use the tag Date twice in the index: One time formated to year, and one time formated as decade.
Reason: I found formatting to decade dismisses the option to filter down by year. So with one Date index given, you either have the choice to see decade chapters _or_ years chapters. If I could bring in the Date tag twice (with different names or something) I could have both options available.

greets,
Wolfgang

See this post.
See this post.
[/quote]

brilliant!

greets,
Wolfgang
(19-01-2015 18:08)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]See this post.

Hi Simon,

I did exactly what you advised:

1) Add a new tag Decade to the indexTags property
2) In the tagOptions property, use the setting:
Decade.decade.index
3) In the tagValue property, use the setting:
Decade.default={Date}

But for some reason the Decade index only shows the single years sorted from oldest to newest. I tried around with different order of index tags, but achieved no change in behaviour (which is good anyway ;-))

Does the Synology version not support this feature yet? And if so, can I expect this to come to Synology as well any time near?

greetings,
Wolfgang
(19-01-2015 19:57)Wolfgang Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Simon,

I did exactly what you advised:

1) Add a new tag Decade to the indexTags property
2) In the tagOptions property, use the setting:
Decade.decade.index
3) In the tagValue property, use the setting:
Decade.default={Date}

But for some reason the Decade index only shows the single years sorted from oldest to newest. I tried around with different order of index tags, but achieved no change in behaviour (which is good anyway ;-))

Does the Synology version not support this feature yet? And if so, can I expect this to come to Synology as well any time near?

greetings,
Wolfgang

What update level of MinimServer are you running? You need to be on version 0.8.3 with update 53 or higher.
(19-01-2015 20:16)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]What update level of MinimServer are you running? You need to be on version 0.8.3 with update 53 or higher.

It's 0.8.2 update 42. The latest I can get
(19-01-2015 22:15)Wolfgang Wrote: [ -> ]It's 0.8.2 update 42. The latest I can get

You can download the 0.8.3b Synology package from the MinimServer website and do a manual install in the App Center as described on this page.
Reference URL's