MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Multiple MinimServer instances on Synology
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

I would like to use differently configured servers for pop and classical music. Hence I would like to run 2 different MinimServer instances. Problem is: I installed MinimServer by the Synology provided package and I have no clue how I would be able to install another instance of it.

Can you maybe give me advise on that?

greetings,
Wolfgang
(17-01-2015 11:28)Wolfgang Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!

I would like to use differently configured servers for pop and classical music. Hence I would like to run 2 different MinimServer instances. Problem is: I installed MinimServer by the Synology provided package and I have no clue how I would be able to install another instance of it.

greetings,
Wolfgang

This is not supported on Synology. You would need to run the other instance on a different NAS or computer.
(17-01-2015 12:10)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-01-2015 11:28)Wolfgang Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!

greetings,
Wolfgang

This is not supported on Synology. You would need to run the other instance on a different NAS or computer.

It is worth noting that you can run a different server at the same time on the Synology NAS (e.g. Synology Media Server). So if one of your configurations can be provided by a different server, that might be more acceptable than running servers on two machines.
Reference URL's