MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Rescan not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running MinimServer installed by the Synology package that is delivered via Synology on a DS713+.
My version is 0.8.2 Update 42.
When I trigger rescan after I reworked my tags, I still find the same old tags in the MinimSrever tree after the rescan. Obviously the rescan is not rescanning the changed files.
Is there a way to make sure all the files get rescanned? Can I swipe a certain file to make this happen? (The only folder I can see under the MinimServer folder is appData)

greetings!
Wolfgang
(16-01-2015 17:32)Wolfgang Wrote: [ -> ]I'm running MinimServer installed by the Synology package that is delivered via Synology on a DS713+.
My version is 0.8.2 Update 42.
When I trigger rescan after I reworked my tags, I still find the same old tags in the MinimSrever tree after the rescan. Obviously the rescan is not rescanning the changed files.
Is there a way to make sure all the files get rescanned? Can I swipe a certain file to make this happen? (The only folder I can see under the MinimServer folder is appData)

greetings!
Wolfgang

Are you sure you did a Rescan and not a Restart? Restart doesn't read the files to detect tag changes.

If you did a Rescan, the tag changes might not be read if the tagging program that you used to make the changes didn't change the timestamps on the files and the file sizes remained the same. In this case, MinimServer would think the files had not changed and would use cached information for the tags.

To force MinimServer to read all the files again and ignore the cached data, you can use MinimWatch to set the startupScan property to full and then select Rescan from the minim icon.
Thank you! That's the solution :-)

greetings,
Wolfgang
Reference URL's