MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Gray box over "Clef"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Running MinimServer on Synology 214+, with MinWatch 8.2, update 23, on an iMac.
1. Just returned from 2 weeks away, started computer, and MinimServer seems to be off. The "clef" icon on my Mac has a dark gray box over it, and when I click on it all the menu items are grayed out except Options, Refresh, and Exit. Plus my Auralic Lightning app says there is no connection to the server, but the Synology says it is working fine and I was able to download their latest update.

2. dumb question, but how do you tell if MinimServer is operating properly?

Thanks for any help.
First try accessing the DS manager on your Synology through your web browser on the iMac to make sure the server is running and on your network. Then check to make sure Minimserver is running (Package Center in Synology DS Manager), and if it's running, restart it just in case. Then exit minimwatch on your iMac and restart it. If minimwatch still can't see Minimserver it's likely you have lost some network connection somewhere. In that case try rebooting everything: Synology, router, and streamer.
(12-01-2015 20:15)antonmb Wrote: [ -> ]First try accessing the DS manager on your Synology through your web browser on the iMac to make sure the server is running and on your network. Then check to make sure Minimserver is running (Package Center in Synology DS Manager), and if it's running, restart it just in case. Then exit minimwatch on your iMac and restart it. If minimwatch still can't see Minimserver it's likely you have lost some network connection somewhere. In that case try rebooting everything: Synology, router, and streamer.

Thanks. MinimServer had stopped for some reason....
Reference URL's