MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Preserving Settings When Reinstalling MinimWatch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need to reinstall MinimWatch on my iMac after a complete reinstallation of Yosemite and all my Apps. How do I do this whilst retaining all my customised settings? I have Time Machine backups but would prefer to avoid using Migration Assistant.
(06-01-2015 12:09)Wammer Wrote: [ -> ]I need to reinstall MinimWatch on my iMac after a complete reinstallation of Yosemite and all my Apps. How do I do this whilst retaining all my customised settings? I have Time Machine backups but would prefer to avoid using Migration Assistant.

You need to retrieve the file /Users/your-user-name/Library/MinimServer/minimserver.config from a backup. After reinstalling MinimServer and before starting it, restore this file from the backup version.
(06-01-2015 12:51)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-01-2015 12:09)Wammer Wrote: [ -> ]I need to reinstall MinimWatch on my iMac after a complete reinstallation of Yosemite and all my Apps. How do I do this whilst retaining all my customised settings? I have Time Machine backups but would prefer to avoid using Migration Assistant.

You need to retrieve the file /Users/your-user-name/Library/MinimServer/minimserver.config from a backup. After reinstalling MinimServer and before starting it, restore this file from the backup version.

Thanks, Simon. Time Machine wouldn't let me access Library files (a lot of Yosemite users have been having Time Machine problems) but fortunately I had taken a copy of the config file before reinstalling, just in case. I did have to run MinimWatch initially to create the MinimWatch folder but then I just swapped the old file for the new and all seems to be working well.
Reference URL's