MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Two Albums do not load into Minimserver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Simon - I have two albums, one in AIFF format and one in WAV that do not load into Minimserver. I tried the same two albums with JRIVER and they load and playback fine. The control points to test Minimserver were Lightning DS and Kinsky on a Mac. They do not show up in either control point under Minimserver, but they do with JRIVER.

If I open then with XLD and transcode them to AIFF they will work properly in Minimserver.

I can make them available via Dropbox if you would like to have a look. I believe I have some other missing albums ( about 20 ) but I am still hunting them down. This is out of a total of 2329 albums so not too bad.

Thanks.

Barr

p.s. I looked into the log file set to verbose and did not see errors in regards to these two albums.
(04-01-2015 07:51)bplexico Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Simon - I have two albums, one in AIFF format and one in WAV that do not load into Minimserver. I tried the same two albums with JRIVER and they load and playback fine. The control points to test Minimserver were Lightning DS and Kinsky on a Mac. They do not show up in either control point under Minimserver, but they do with JRIVER.

If I open then with XLD and transcode them to AIFF they will work properly in Minimserver.

I can make them available via Dropbox if you would like to have a look. I believe I have some other missing albums ( about 20 ) but I am still hunting them down. This is out of a total of 2329 albums so not too bad.

Thanks.

Barr

p.s. I looked into the log file set to verbose and did not see errors in regards to these two albums.

Have you checked the [folder view] section to see if the albums are visible there? If so, the problem is probably related to how the albums are tagged.

If you would like to upload one file from each album to Dropbox, I will take a look. Please send me a PM with the Dropbox link.
(04-01-2015 08:06)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-01-2015 07:51)bplexico Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Simon - I have two albums, one in AIFF format and one in WAV that do not load into Minimserver. I tried the same two albums with JRIVER and they load and playback fine. The control points to test Minimserver were Lightning DS and Kinsky on a Mac. They do not show up in either control point under Minimserver, but they do with JRIVER.

Thanks.

Barr

Have you checked the [folder view] section to see if the albums are visible there? If so, the problem is probably related to how the albums are tagged.

If you would like to upload one file from each album to Dropbox, I will take a look. Please send me a PM with the Dropbox link.

Not visible in folder view either, will PM you the Dropbox link.
(04-01-2015 08:17)bplexico Wrote: [ -> ]Not visible in folder view either, will PM you the Dropbox link.

I tried one file from each album. Here are the log messages:

Error: unexpected end of file at offset 49384635 in file 01 Sara McLachlan - Possession.aiff (length 49384635)
Error: format error in WAV file Arctic Monkeys - Am - 01 - Do I Wanna Know_.wav (length 48085924)

It would be a good idea to change your logging level from Verbose to Info. This will make it easier to see error messages in the log.
(04-01-2015 08:57)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-01-2015 08:17)bplexico Wrote: [ -> ]Not visible in folder view either, will PM you the Dropbox link.

Error: unexpected end of file at offset 49384635 in file 01 Sara McLachlan - Possession.aiff (length 49384635)
Error: format error in WAV file Arctic Monkeys - Am - 01 - Do I Wanna Know_.wav (length 48085924)

It would be a good idea to change your logging level from Verbose to Info. This will make it easier to see error messages in the log.

Ok, thanks for the tip on the proper logging level to use. So is this just a case of JRIVER being more forgiving in terms of error handling?
(04-01-2015 09:04)bplexico Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-01-2015 08:57)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]

Ok, thanks for the tip on the proper logging level to use. So is this just a case of JRIVER being more forgiving in terms of error handling?

One more question, should I set the property for startupScan to "full" from "true" in order to get error messages for any other albums that might have an issue?
(04-01-2015 09:29)bplexico Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, thanks for the tip on the proper logging level to use. So is this just a case of JRIVER being more forgiving in terms of error handling?

JRiver is probably the cause of the errors in these files, as earlier versions of JRiver had a bug with writing some files in an iincorrect format. I think it's better for MinimServer to report these problems rather than trying to work around them, which might cause unexpected results.

Quote:One more question, should I set the property for startupScan to "full" from "true" in order to get error messages for any other albums that might have an issue?

There is no need to do this. Leaving this property with the default value 'true' will show all errror and warning messages.
Thanks Simon - after about 12 hours of re ripping and re tagging I got my log file down to this...Wink

stopping MinimServer[RileyStation]
MinimServer[RileyStation] is stopped
Language setting is 'enu'
starting MinimServer[RileyStation]
MinimServer[RileyStation] is running
Reference URL's