MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Minimserver Synology & ReadyNAS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Simon

I have a Synology NAS that is now giving me problems with the Media Server by Synology, it disappears from my Naim Audio App.

I have three folders that I use for music and want to browse by folder. When I installed minim server it asked for a location and I entered first the details for one of the folders and then repeated this for the other two. Looking at the shared folders in the control panel I see a folder called minim server.

Can you offer me guidance how to set this up correctly?

Thanks

Gordon

P.S. I also would like to the same on a Netgear ReadyNAS Duov2
(25-12-2014 10:34)Audiovinilo_2 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Simon

I have a Synology NAS that is now giving me problems with the Media Server by Synology, it disappears from my Naim Audio App.

I have three folders that I use for music and want to browse by folder. When I installed minim server it asked for a location and I entered first the details for one of the folders and then repeated this for the other two. Looking at the shared folders in the control panel I see a folder called minim server.

Can you offer me guidance how to set this up correctly?

Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

You can enter a single contentDir folder from the MinimServer setup web page. To add more folders, you need to install MinimWatch on another computer on your local network and select Properties from the minim icon. Have you done this?

The MinimServer shared folder is used for MinimServer configuration files and is separate from your music folders.

Quote:Thanks

Gordon

P.S. I also would like to the same on a Netgear ReadyNAS Duov2

You should be able to use exactly the same procedure.
I have not done that as there is nowhere that tells me this information.

I will try this
Ok done that...Properties selected....now what?
(26-12-2014 15:00)Audiovinilo_2 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok done that...Properties selected....now what?

To add a contentDir folder, click the + button next to an existing contentDir folder and click Apply. Repeat this until you have added all your music folders, then click Rescan from the minim icon.

This is described in this section of the User guide.
Reference URL's