MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Automatic rescan library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using Minim server on my Synology NAS which works great, but I have a question about rescanning after new data is added. I now have to do this manually all the time.

Is there a way for minim server to automatically rescan after adding data, or at least let it rescan on scheduled hours?

This is my only negative point of using Minim Server. When using the default synology media server it always finds music instantly after adding it (about it's only positive point with relation to minim...)

Hope somewone can help
(21-12-2014 14:54)Shodan Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using Minim server on my Synology NAS which works great, but I have a question about rescanning after new data is added. I now have to do this manually all the time.

Is there a way for minim server to automatically rescan after adding data, or at least let it rescan on scheduled hours?

This is my only negative point of using Minim Server. When using the default synology media server it always finds music instantly after adding it (about it's only positive point with relation to minim...)

Hope somewone can help

I am hoping to add automatic rescanning in a future version of MinimServer.

Depending on which Synology model you have, you might be able to use the Auto Restart package to force an automatic server restart after you have added new music. See this thread for more information.
Thank you for the link to that thread, I will look in to it.
Since you have a Synology you can also use the built in "Task Scheduler" (in the Synology Control Panel) to schedule a daily restart. For example I have two tasks scheduled, one to stop Minimserver at 2:00 am daily, and one to start it at 2:05. While this isn't instant recognition of file changes as you make them, it at least captures the day's activities in case you forget to rescan.
Auto Scan would be nice. However, I use Minimwatch on my MB Air. When I open flip the screen up and log in Minimserver technically auto scans. Also, the only time you need to scan is if something changes and since I use Minimwatch it's super easy to rescan from the same screen that I use for my ripping software. It's all there.
Reference URL's