MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Failed to install MinimServer - Java not configured properly DS213
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(23-12-2014 00:53)Barbie-qu Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Simon,
I seem to be unable to log in via SSH. Not sure why as it's enabled in DSM, and it authenticates ok. I guess i'll have to resolve this before I can run the commands you posted.

What exactly happens when you try to login? What program are you using to do the login? Can you post a screenshot showing the problem?

It would be a good idea to try uninstalling and reinstalling Java and then installing the current download for MinimServer 0.8.3a. This combination might fix the problem.
Ok, things are looking good!

I reinstalled Java on my NAS (downloaded from my home home network on Chrome, and renamed xxx.tar.gz because Chrome removes the .tar before the .gz). Installed Java x64 on my PC. Then manually installed Minimserver v8.3a, and it now is up and running.
It took a couple of minutes for the status tray icon to turn from yellow to green, but patience paid off.

Thanks Simon for your work. Looking forward to getting to grips with MinimServer now.
(24-12-2014 04:33)Barbie-qu Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, things are looking good!

I reinstalled Java on my NAS (downloaded from my home home network on Chrome, and renamed xxx.tar.gz because Chrome removes the .tar before the .gz). Installed Java x64 on my PC. Then manually installed Minimserver v8.3a, and it now is up and running.
It took a couple of minutes for the status tray icon to turn from yellow to green, but patience paid off.

Thanks Simon for your work. Looking forward to getting to grips with MinimServer now.

I'm glad to hear the problem is solved now. The first scan of your library is slower because MinimServer needs to read the tags and audio information from all your files. Subsequent scans will be faster because MinimServer uses a cache for data that it has already read in previous scans.
I'm having the same or a similar problem trying to install 0.8.3b.. it says I have no JAVA installed, but I have installed it in rebooted the NAS...

not sure why it won't give me a version number or have the JAVA variable.. but I do have a JavaManager folder in the @appstore folder...

Code:
DiskStation> which java
DiskStation> echo $JAVA_HOME

DiskStation> ls -l /usr/local
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     lp            4096 Dec 19 05:44 cups
drwxr-xr-x    6 root     root          4096 Dec 31 09:56 etc
drwxr-xr-x   11 root     root          4096 Jan 31 12:52 libexec
drwxrwxrwx    2 root     root          4096 Jan 31 12:51 packages
DiskStation> ls -l /volume1/@appstore
drwxr-xr-x   13 root     root          4096 Dec 31 09:58 AudioStation
drwxr-xr-x   10 root     root          4096 Jan  3 17:59 CloudStation
drwxr-xr-x   12 root     root          4096 Jan 31 12:52 DownloadStation
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root          4096 Feb  3 19:44 JavaManager
drwxr-xr-x   12 root     root          4096 Jan  3 15:48 MediaServer
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root          4096 Jan 17 15:03 Plex Media Server
drwxrwxrwx   12 root     root          4096 Jan 31 12:52 VideoStation
drwxr-xr-x    8 root     root          4096 Dec 31 09:56 iTunesServer
(14-02-2015 23:24)cutcopypaste Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having the same or a similar problem trying to install 0.8.3b.. it says I have no JAVA installed, but I have installed it in rebooted the NAS...

not sure why it won't give me a version number or have the JAVA variable.. but I do have a JavaManager folder in the @appstore folder...

Installing Java Manager isn't the same as installing Java. See steps 3 to 7 in the section "Installing Java (Intel and ARMv7 models)" on this page.
wow I jumped the gun didn't I? nothing to see here! *whistles tunelessly*
(15-02-2015 18:59)cutcopypaste Wrote: [ -> ]wow I jumped the gun didn't I? nothing to see here! *whistles tunelessly*

Is it working OK now?
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's