MinimServer Forum

Full Version: 0.8.3 Install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Simon,

I did the update install on my 1813+. It did give me the below messages that I have a few questions about.

I just cleared the message and stopped the package running and restarted and all seemed fine.
[attachment=673]

I checked the log and have these character issues. Is there a way to fix this?
[attachment=671]

Should I remove the non "*" packages on the right?
[attachment=670]
(18-12-2014 16:58)jtwrace Wrote: [ -> ]Simon,

I did the update install on my 1813+. It did give me the below messages that I have a few questions about.

I just cleared the message and stopped the package running and restarted and all seemed fine.

It sounds like this problem was a one-off and isn't anything to be concerned about.

Quote:I checked the log and have these character issues. Is there a way to fix this?

It looks like the tagging program you are using may be putting NUL (0x00) characters in these tag values. Which tagging program is it? What type of files are they (e.g., FLAC, WAV, MP3, M4A, etc.) ?

Quote:Should I remove the non "*" packages on the right?

No, you shouldn't. It is strongly recommended to be on the latest update (currently update 51) so that you have the latest fixes. MinimServer 0.8.3 installs these updates automatically by default (this is a change from 0.8.2).
(18-12-2014 23:05)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]It looks like the tagging program you are using may be putting NUL (0x00) characters in these tag values. Which tagging program is it? What type of files are they (e.g., FLAC, WAV, MP3, M4A, etc.) ?

I use XLD for importing (ripping) and tagging mostly. If XLD cannot find the artwork I either manually enter it or try JRiver. I did a lot of SACD extraction to ISO's and then converted them to DSD. Some of them were manually entered. Some files would be DSD and mostly AIFF.
(18-12-2014 23:33)jtwrace Wrote: [ -> ]I use XLD for importing (ripping) and tagging mostly. If XLD cannot find the artwork I either manually enter it or try JRiver. I did a lot of SACD extraction to ISO's and then converted them to DSD. Some of them were manually entered. Some files would be DSD and mostly AIFF.

All the "illegal character" warnings that you posted seem to come from a single album:

Oscar Peterson - Trio in Transition 1965-66 (LP vinyl transfer 96kHz)

Please upload one track (only) from this album to my FTP server so that I can see what is causing the problem. Please upload the smallest track that is producing these warnings. You should already have the server details (PM sent on 7 August).
(19-12-2014 17:30)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-12-2014 23:33)jtwrace Wrote: [ -> ]I use XLD for importing (ripping) and tagging mostly. If XLD cannot find the artwork I either manually enter it or try JRiver. I did a lot of SACD extraction to ISO's and then converted them to DSD. Some of them were manually entered. Some files would be DSD and mostly AIFF.

All the "illegal character" warnings that you posted seem to come from a single album:

Oscar Peterson - Trio in Transition 1965-66 (LP vinyl transfer 96kHz)

Please upload one track (only) from this album to my FTP server so that I can see what is causing the problem. Please upload the smallest track that is producing these warnings. You should already have the server details (PM sent on 7 August).

File has been sent via FTP and is within the folder of my moniker.
(20-12-2014 04:36)jtwrace Wrote: [ -> ]File has been sent via FTP and is within the folder of my moniker.

The warning messages are correct. Most of the tag values have a NUL (0x00) character as the last character of the value string. This is incorrect in a FLAC file.

To fix the problem, I opened the file in Mp3tag and selected "Save tag" to rewrite the tag values. This removed the incorrect NUL characters.
(20-12-2014 08:14)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-12-2014 04:36)jtwrace Wrote: [ -> ]File has been sent via FTP and is within the folder of my moniker.

The warning messages are correct. Most of the tag values have a NUL (0x00) character as the last character of the value string. This is incorrect in a FLAC file.

To fix the problem, I opened the file in Mp3tag and selected "Save tag" to rewrite the tag values. This removed the incorrect NUL characters.

OK, thank you for the help. I'll look into Mp3tag. Do you know if JRiver will fix the issue?
(20-12-2014 15:00)jtwrace Wrote: [ -> ]OK, thank you for the help. I'll look into Mp3tag. Do you know if JRiver will fix the issue?

I haven't tried doing this with JRiver. I find Mp3tag much easier to use.
(20-12-2014 15:15)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-12-2014 15:00)jtwrace Wrote: [ -> ]OK, thank you for the help. I'll look into Mp3tag. Do you know if JRiver will fix the issue?

When I get my Windows machine (new build) up and running I'll try Mp3tag.
(21-12-2014 22:49)jtwrace Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-12-2014 15:15)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]

When I get my Windows machine (new build) up and running I'll try Mp3tag.

If you don't want to wait (or use a Mac laptop like I do), I've had good luck on a Mac using Metadatics for tagging issues with MinimServer error messages. So far, it resolves everything I've thrown at it.

John
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's