MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Melco Audiophile NAS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dan,

Do the Qobuz download files show up in folder view on your control point? Perhaps as unknown?

If so, then it would seem that Qobuz is not setting Wav tags as ID3v2.2, ID3v2.3 or ID3v2.4 which can be read by MinimServer.

I used to store all my files as Wav, but due to inconsistent tagging issues, converted them all to flac and have been using flac happily ever since.

I use transcoding with MinimStreamer to convert to Wav on the fly.
Hi Peter,

I have a workaround but I can't see what Qobuz are doing, HD Tracks WAV are all fine, do Qobuz not control their WAV tagging.

No these WAV folders are not seen in Folder view either. Twonky server on the N1A sees the WAV folders but the track names and order are utterly messed up, tracks sometimes don't even have a name or number just SMR.WAV for example? Tag view sees the files in the wrong order also.

I convert from WAV-WAV via dBpoweramp, which shows issues with the LIST sub chunk in IPRT, IFRM & ISTR, strips these I assume and re-saves as WAV that can be seen now in Minim via the N1A.

The next issue is that the track order is all mixed up, although the list in the folder is 01-02-03 etc and correct, but in Minim they are randomly presented in any order.

I am now seeing if Metadatics can help here re-name so they then present in the correct order.

But what an unholy bloody workaround, not Minim which I love, but Qobuz and their ridiculous tagging, example of a file they name below :

01-01-Paul_Simon-The_Werewolf-SMR.wav

This type of text used is not used anywhere else that I can see, the -SMR is a Qobuz addition and the double digit also (01-01, 01-02, 01-03 etc)

HD Tracks WAV as listed : 01-You Gotta Believe.wav just the track name as you can see, these work fine.

Peter : 'If so, then it would seem that Qobuz is not setting Wav tags as ID3v2.2, ID3v2.3 or ID3v2.4 which can be read by MinimServer.'

I think this is the issue and the file sizes seem off too by a few kb which throws out the metadata tagging also.

Just have to accept the Qobuz way and maybe stick to FLAC with WAV conversions from now on. Qobuz reply this morning from their support was WAV doesn't do metadata very well, but it is their own system they are using adding -SMR into all the files that proves they are creating custom metadata, that doesn't work very well ????????

Qobuz support reply below :
Hello,

WAV formats do not carry very well the metadatas.

We suggest you to modify them manually or to send us a screencap with the defaults and mistakes for us to see and check how we can perform this in our database.

Thanks for your suggestion,
Best wishes.

Maybe we send something across for their database but I think it won't really matter.

C'est la vie
If anyone has by chance converted the Qobuz WAV files to be readable through Minim on N1A would appreciate the workflow to achieve this. So far dBpoweramp and Metadatics haven't 100% worked, but I must be close.

Or am I best setting Minim correctly so it reads the dBpoweramp metadata correctly via Properties?
I think when you buy from Qobuz you can download multiple times.

So an easier solution may be to download the flac file, which will be properly tagged, and then convert that to Wav.

I don't use dbpoweramp but I expect you should be able to specify the tag format for the Wav file and so get it read by MinimServer

Peter
Yes already downloading to FLAC this is easier I did this before. Shame as I prefer WAV as the Master copy as not all playback systems support FLAC-WAV conversion.
Seeing if Metadatics/dB combo helps get the file naming right so they all work as native WAV.
Update for those in similar WAV metadata issues : using Metadatics I rename the files from Musicbrainz web site, save these, add album art and rename the files from the templates in Metadatics for Track (2 digits) numbering and track name only.

Minim now sees all the WAV albums downloaded from Qobuz with artwork and track naming order all correct. No need to reserve as WAV via dBpoweramp.

Twonky server on N1A is all at sea and can't see these corrected versions and puts track names and order as it sees fit, Minim is now spot on.

Phew!!!! Needed to buy Metadatics for £8 online but it is worth it as I can now go through some of my other downloads and make the naming and metadata how I prefer it to look.

Also, it might be me, but is Minim a little cleaner in the blacks on playback than Twonky????
Melco new firmware released today: Ver. 3.10 [27.July.2016]

Changelog:
Ver. 3.10 [27.July.2016]
-New Firmware Notification
-If N1 connect to Internet, new firmware notification will show up on the display.
-Notification can be off on the setting menu.
-Improvement of Media Server
-Navigation tree update
-N1 is now able to show information of “Artist” as “Album Artist”.
-“Track Artist” will be shown under “Track” folder after Artist, Artist Index or Genre.
-Improvement of CD drives support
-Day and time will be the album name in case N1 cannot obtain Meta Date of the CD because of lack of information on database or off-line of Internet.
-Add variation of tag information for FLAC
-Add offset sampling menu
-CD transport
-N1 can play CD when the CD drive and USB-DAC are connected.
-Play all tracks of CD and repeat the album. (No track repeat)
-Track control on the front display
Thanks for the heads-up Playback. Duly upgraded. I confess I can't personally see me ever using the CD player facility.
Hi Simon. Be so kind,please help to install MinimServer my Melco N1A. I will be very grateful. Thank you.
Melco just released a Notification regarding the latest 3.1 firmware.
They advise everyone who upgraded (like me) to revert back to firmware 3.00 because of problems with the new 3.10 firmware.

Announcement here: http://www.melco-audio.com/

To revert back to firmware 3.00 please follow the following steps:

Installing MinimServer on the Melco N1 (reverting back to v. 3.00)

V3.00 can be set through Network or USB.

To set N1 FW as V3.00 by USB...

1 -- Take an empty USB Stick.
2 -- On PC or Mac go to
http://buffalo.jp/support_s/guide2/manua...anual.html
and download V3.00 FW.
* Please un-tick the box 'Show only latest'

3 - Unzip the file to the USB stick
4 – Inset USB stick into N1 USB3 port at rear
5 – N1 may ask ‘Import Music..' Use BACK button as this is not what is required
6 – MAIN MENU – 5 SYSTEM UPDATE – 2 USB – press OK. There will be message all settings will be lost as older version of FW. Press OK
7 – N1 will power cycle when complete and USB stick can be removed
8 – Set LANGUAGE, TIMEZONE and POWER SAVE.
9 – Check the installed FW version - MAIN MENU – 1 STATUS -- 7 SYSTEM SOFTWARE - Should report as V3.00

Note: In the end, because you've downgraded the N1 firmware to an older level, you'll need to do a full installation of minimserver again.
Reference URL's