MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Yosemite Java
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thanks again for your reply.Yes I downloaded from your link, when I ask for more info it just takes me back to the same download page.
(20-11-2014 12:51)mors Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks again for your reply.Yes I downloaded from your link, when I ask for more info it just takes me back to the same download page.

Did you install Java 6 after downloading it?
Thanks again.Have now managed to open MinimWatch and tried to upload a new album got the yellow clef sign but NAS did not update.Opened NAS and got an information notification re MinimServer saying UTF-8 locale and charset are not available.Sorry for the continuing saga.
(20-11-2014 16:15)mors Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks again.Have now managed to open MinimWatch and tried to upload a new album got the yellow clef sign but NAS did not update.Opened NAS and got an information notification re MinimServer saying UTF-8 locale and charset are not available.Sorry for the continuing saga.

To solve the UTF-8 problem, you should update your NAS firmware to DSM 4.3 (or 5.0 or 5.1). You need to go to 4.3 first before you can go to 5.0 or 5.1.

The procedure for adding new music is as follows:

1) Upload the files to the correct content directory on the NAS.

2) In MinimWatch, select Rescan. The minim icon should change to yellow.

3) Wait for the minim icon to change back to transparent. This might take a few minutes.

4) Restart your control point software.

5) You should see the new music in your control point.

If this doesn't work, please describe exactly what happened for each of the above steps.
Thanks again now updated to 4.3 NAS now running without error messages.Now tried several times to load new album without success.I am using MinimWatch 0.72-macosx click on Restart and minim turns yellow update usually successful.Rescan not available Restart has worked flawlessly for months.
Now solved.My iTunes media folder location had reverted to default location.Once repointed to Synology NAS updated as normal.Very grateful for your help and prompt replies.
Simon, I just upgraded to Yosemite on an iMac
and have encountered a similar problem where, when I try to rescan to pick up new CDs I have ripped, the "note" icon does not turn yellow and does not seem to scan. I am using a Synology 214+. Any guess as to when the next version of MinimServer will be released?

(19-11-2014 16:15)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-11-2014 14:18)mors Wrote: [ -> ]Just when I thought everything had been running well for months I have encountered a problem.I have just updated to Yosemite on my Mac and following this can't open Minimwatch it comes up with error message that I need to download legacy Java se 6 runtime.I have looked on Java site but am unsure precisely what to download.I fear I may have made the problem worse by checking my Synology NAS I noticed that Java had an update availableI tried to download but update failed and installation failed now showing that Java not there at all Minimserver is still running well and I can still access music on my IPad.Any help would be much appreciated.

There is a known issue with MinimWatch and Java on Yosemite. MinimWatch is detecting the Yosemite Mac OS X version incorrectly and as a result it is requesting you to install legacy Apple Java 6. You need to download this from Apple (see this page), not from the Oracle Java site.

The next release of MinimServer will detect the Yosemite version number correctly and will require Oracle Java to be installed. It's fine to have both Apple Java and Oracle Java installed at the same time.

What model of Synology NAS do you have and what version of DSM are you running?
(24-11-2014 20:16)rdono61 Wrote: [ -> ]
Simon, I just upgraded to Yosemite on an iMac
and have encountered a similar problem where, when I try to rescan to pick up new CDs I have ripped, the "note" icon does not turn yellow and does not seem to scan. I am using a Synology 214+. Any guess as to when the next version of MinimServer will be released?

If you look very carefully, I think you will see that the minim icon does turn a faint yellow colour before changing back to transparent. What do you see if you click 'Show log' after the rescan?

I am doing final testing of the next release at the moment. It should be available very soon.
Thanks. I don't see even a faint yellow color, and certainly not the strong yellow that I saw before loading Yosemite. The log says MinimServer is running, and shows various incorrect date values from CDs I ripped several weeks ago. I just checked the Lightning app for my Auralic Vega/Aries, and now it appears that CDs I ripped today (after the Yosemite upgrade) have in fact been logged onto the Minimserver. Sp perhaps the only difference is that the icon does not turn yellow?
(24-11-2014 20:58)rdono61 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. I don't see even a faint yellow color, and certainly not the strong yellow that I saw before loading Yosemite. The log says MinimServer is running, and shows various incorrect date values from CDs I ripped several weeks ago. I just checked the Lightning app for my Auralic Vega/Aries, and now it appears that CDs I ripped today (after the Yosemite upgrade) have in fact been logged onto the Minimserver. Sp perhaps the only difference is that the icon does not turn yellow?

if the Rescan has worked, you will see something like the following in the log:

stopping MinimServer[xxx]
MinimServer[xxx] is stopped
Language setting is 'eng'
starting MinimServer[xxx]
MinimServer[xxx] is running

Do you see this?

Because of technical incompatibilties between Yosemite and Java for Mac OS X, it isn't possible for MinimServer to display the strong yellow colour that it was displaying on previous Mac OS X versions.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's