MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Minim Server and Linn DS playback issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Simon,

I was using Minim Streamer since months now with perfect results using transcoding to wav24..
Since some weeks I cannot play any song anymore.
I'm not sure if it happened after I upgraded my Linn DS to a new firmware as I'm also using the Synology Media-Server (less network-traffic for background music as no wav24).

I set MinimWatch to Debug and attached the log which was created after starting a song from Linn Kinsky.

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards

Claas
(14-11-2014 17:45)claas Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Simon,

I was using Minim Streamer since months now with perfect results using transcoding to wav24..
Since some weeks I cannot play any song anymore.
I'm not sure if it happened after I upgraded my Linn DS to a new firmware as I'm also using the Synology Media-Server (less network-traffic for background music as no wav24).

I set MinimWatch to Debug and attached the log which was created after starting a song from Linn Kinsky.

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards

Claas

Which version and update of MinimServer and MinimStreamer are you running? You can get this information by selecting About from the minim icon.

From the debug log, It looks like you are using a Synology NAS to run MinimServer. Which model is this and what level of DSM is installed?
(14-11-2014 21:55)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Which version and update of MinimServer and MinimStreamer are you running? You can get this information by selecting About from the minim icon.

From the debug log, It looks like you are using a Synology NAS to run MinimServer. Which model is this and what level of DSM is installed?

Hi Simon,

I'm running Server 0.8.2 upd 42 and MinimStreamer 0.4.2
It's a Synology DS 1511+ running DSM4.3 3827 upd 7 and Java 1.6.0_45

Thanks

Claas
(15-11-2014 08:55)claas Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Simon,

I'm running Server 0.8.2 upd 42 and MinimStreamer 0.4.2
It's a Synology DS 1511+ running DSM4.3 3827 upd 7 and Java 1.6.0_45

Thanks

Claas

Please update to MinimStreamer 0.4.3 (just released). This should solve the problem.

Thanks very much for letting me know about this!
(15-11-2014 12:34)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Please update to MinimStreamer 0.4.3 (just released). This should solve the problem.

Thanks very much for letting me know about this!

Thanks for the quick help.
Problem is solved.
Can you explain the reason why it didn't work?
(15-11-2014 12:56)claas Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the quick help.
Problem is solved.
Can you explain the reason why it didn't work?

I believe there was a change in MinimServer 0.8.2 that broke the way that MinimStreamer was detecting that it is running on a Synology. Synology DSM 4.3 has an old version of ffmpeg with nonstandard option spellings that requires special handling by MinimStreamer. As MinimStreamer did not detect that it was runnng on a Synology, it was not applying the necessary special treatment to its use of ffmpeg.
(15-11-2014 13:26)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]I believe there was a change in MinimServer 0.8.2 that broke the way that MinimStreamer was detecting that it is running on a Synology. Synology DSM 4.3 has an old version of ffmpeg with nonstandard option spellings that requires special handling by MinimStreamer. As MinimStreamer did not detect that it was runnng on a Synology, it was not applying the necessary special treatment to its use of ffmpeg.

Ah yes, I remember the thing with ffmpeg.
Thanks for the explanation.
Reference URL's