MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Any Way to Install Java offline on Synology NAS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, am trying to install MinimServer on my Synology DS214+ NAS. It requires Java, normally with Synology you can download an offline installer and install. With Java seems you need to give it a URL that it goes to. Problem is i don't have internet going to the router the NAS is connected to. Seems it is impossible to install the pre-requisite Java to get MinimServer to work! Anyone have any ideas? I am trying to eventually connect the NAS to my Auralic Aries audio streamer.
(10-11-2014 20:57)JMack23 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, am trying to install MinimServer on my Synology DS214+ NAS. It requires Java, normally with Synology you can download an offline installer and install. With Java seems you need to give it a URL that it goes to. Problem is i don't have internet going to the router the NAS is connected to. Seems it is impossible to install the pre-requisite Java to get MinimServer to work! Anyone have any ideas? I am trying to eventually connect the NAS to my Auralic Aries audio streamer.

Installing Java on the NAS involves three stages:

1) Download and install the Synology Java Manager package on the NAS. I presume you can do this using the offline approach.

2) Download Java from the Oracle website to a local PC or Mac on your network. For this, the PC or Mac needs to have an internet connection.

3) Use Java Manager to transfer the downloaded Java to your NAS. For this step, it isn't necessary for the NAS to have an internet connection.
Reference URL's