MinimServer Forum

Full Version: MinimWatch disconnects momentarily
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have noticed that MinimWatch frequently (say, every 15 minutes or so) disconnects from MinimServer and then immediately reconnects. While this is not a problem in itself (playing music is not interrupted), it causes Linn Kazoo to lose contact with the media server. Is this problem easily resolved?

Thank you.
(10-11-2014 12:39)RSJ Wrote: [ -> ]I have noticed that MinimWatch frequently (say, every 15 minutes or so) disconnects from MinimServer and then immediately reconnects. While this is not a problem in itself (playing music is not interrupted), it causes Linn Kazoo to lose contact with the media server. Is this problem easily resolved?

Thank you.

This is probably caused by your network not handling multicast messages correctly. You might be able to clear the problem by disabling and enabling the network adapter on the computer running MinimWatch (or disconnecting from your wi-fi network and reconnecting to it).
Unfortunately, the problem is persistent, and re-occurs after reboots, etc.
(12-11-2014 13:54)RSJ Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, the problem is persistent, and re-occurs after reboots, etc.

Does your router have a setting to enable or disable IGMP snooping? If this setting is incorrect, it can cause problems like this.

Is the problem completely consistent and predictable? If so (and if changing the IGMP snooping setting doesn't help), I can give you instructions for running an ohNet trace to provide more information.
The problem occurs frequently, but not predictably.

I have checked my router and it does not appear to have a setting to enable or disable IGMP snooping.

I am using a wireless switch - could this be causing the problem?
(16-11-2014 19:28)RSJ Wrote: [ -> ]The problem occurs frequently, but not predictably.

I have checked my router and it does not appear to have a setting to enable or disable IGMP snooping.

I am using a wireless switch - could this be causing the problem?

Possibly. Please give full details of all your network devices and how they are connected.
I have a Linn Majik DSM and a Zara PC (running MinimServer) both hard connected to to a Buffalo wireless switch. The Buffalo is linked to a Netgear N600 WiFi Range Extender, which itself is connected to a Virgin wireless router.
(16-11-2014 22:52)RSJ Wrote: [ -> ]I have a Linn Majik DSM and a Zara PC (running MinimServer) both hard connected to to a Buffalo wireless switch. The Buffalo is linked to a Netgear N600 WiFi Range Extender, which itself is connected to a Virgin wireless router.

How is the machine running MinimWatch connected to the network? If it has a wi-fi connection, does this connect to the Buffalo switch or the NETGEAR range extender or the Virgin router?
It connects to the Netgear range extender.
(17-11-2014 00:07)RSJ Wrote: [ -> ]It connects to the Netgear range extender.

As an experiment, can you try connecting the MinimWatch computer to the Buffalo wireless switch? If this solves the disconnection problem, the problem is caused by some issue with how the range extender handles multicast messages.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's