MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Album art different than it should
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Simon, just discovered a little problem. When browse my music on bubbleupnp and see some folders (albums) has different picture than it should, but when i tab on those folders the tracks shows the correct artist art (picture). I wonder by deleting the cache in minimserver and do a rescan could help.

I send you some screenshots i took on my device to see what i mean. I send you the first screen with all 8 CD folders (CD 2,7, and 8 are correct album art when viewing as in folders except cd 1,3,4,5 and 6) but when i tab each folder then all the tracks in each folder displays the correct album art like in theese screenshots

Cheers!

Meffy
(10-11-2014 01:44)Meffy Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Simon, just discovered a little problem. When browse my music on bubbleupnp and see some folders (albums) has different picture than it should, but when i tab on those folders the tracks shows the correct artist art (picture). I wonder by deleting the cache in minimserver and do a rescan could help.

I send you some screenshots i took on my device to see what i mean. I send you the first screen with all 8 CD folders (CD 2,7, and 8 are correct album art when viewing as in folders except cd 1,3,4,5 and 6) but when i tab each folder then all the tracks in each folder displays the correct album art like in theese screenshots

Cheers!

Meffy

Never mind. I think i found a workaround (if you can call it a workaround). I changed the album art extension manually from .jpg to .jpeg and re-taged those albums with dbpoweramp and now are shown as they should.
(10-11-2014 12:01)Meffy Wrote: [ -> ]Never mind. I think i found a workaround (if you can call it a workaround). I changed the album art extension manually from .jpg to .jpeg and re-taged those albums with dbpoweramp and now are shown as they should.

MinimServer doesn't read .jpeg files (only .jpg and .png), so by changing this extension you have eliminated these artwork files and MinimServer is now using the embedded artwork inside the track files.
(11-11-2014 07:51)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-11-2014 12:01)Meffy Wrote: [ -> ]Never mind. I think i found a workaround (if you can call it a workaround). I changed the album art extension manually from .jpg to .jpeg and re-taged those albums with dbpoweramp and now are shown as they should.

MinimServer doesn't read .jpeg files (only .jpg and .png), so by changing this extension you have eliminated these artwork files and MinimServer is now using the embedded artwork inside the track files.

Hello Simon. i see what you mean, but.. if i change back the extension to .jpg instead of .jpeg then the folder that contains the album tracks is shown again a different album art as in the 1st screenshot (e.g the 1st album cd1) instead of the album art as shown in the 2nd screenshot(which is the right one). I don't know what i am doing wrong.Even if i remove the album art from the tracks and leave only the folder.jpg in the folder itself then it still shown a wrong art unless i change it back to .jpeg.

Very weird.

Meffy
(12-11-2014 00:34)Meffy Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Simon. i see what you mean, but.. if i change back the extension to .jpg instead of .jpeg then the folder that contains the album tracks is shown again a different album art as in the 1st screenshot (e.g the 1st album cd1) instead of the album art as shown in the 2nd screenshot(which is the right one). I don't know what i am doing wrong.Even if i remove the album art from the tracks and leave only the folder.jpg in the folder itself then it still shown a wrong art unless i change it back to .jpeg.

Very weird.

Meffy

I suggest you try doing a full rescan by setting the startupScan property to 'full' and doing a rescan from the minim icon. You should also clear the control point cache if it has one. Which control point are you using?
(12-11-2014 08:59)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2014 00:34)Meffy Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Simon. i see what you mean, but.. if i change back the extension to .jpg instead of .jpeg then the folder that contains the album tracks is shown again a different album art as in the 1st screenshot (e.g the 1st album cd1) instead of the album art as shown in the 2nd screenshot(which is the right one). I don't know what i am doing wrong.Even if i remove the album art from the tracks and leave only the folder.jpg in the folder itself then it still shown a wrong art unless i change it back to .jpeg.

Very weird.

Meffy

I suggest you try doing a full rescan by setting the startupScan property to 'full' and doing a rescan from the minim icon. You should also clear the control point cache if it has one. Which control point are you using?

I'm using bubbleupnp, i will do that when i get home from work, even clear the control point cache. Thanks for your reply.

Regards Meffy
(12-11-2014 08:59)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]

Very weird.

Meffy

Hello Simon, haven't been around for a while, i did what you suggested and that did the trick " full rescan of the minimserver" and "clear the control point cache".

Thank you very much"

Cheers!

Regards Meffy
Reference URL's