MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Problems with .aif files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I setup minimserver on my qnap nas. I want to play them to my dlna capable blue ray player. I ripped my cd's with itunes as .aif. using the "onboard" dlna server from qnap the .aif play fine, but high res .flac don't play. with minim server it's the other way: .mp3 and high res .flac play but for the .aif I see on the blue ray player just empty folder. using mconnect on iOS tells me "invalid location" and bubbleupnp on android says on the blue ray player that the audio format is not supported.

I also try with kid3 to covert the tags. but nothing changes after rescan.

Please help and thanks in advance
(11-10-2014 07:24)firebird Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I setup minimserver on my qnap nas. I want to play them to my dlna capable blue ray player. I ripped my cd's with itunes as .aif. using the "onboard" dlna server from qnap the .aif play fine, but high res .flac don't play. with minim server it's the other way: .mp3 and high res .flac play but for the .aif I see on the blue ray player just empty folder. using mconnect on iOS tells me "invalid location" and bubbleupnp on android says on the blue ray player that the audio format is not supported.

I tried playing a .aif file from MinimServer using mconnect and it worked OK. I don't know why you are seeing an "invalid location" message. Do you have your .aif files in a different folder location than your .mp3 and .flac files? If so, you need to have both these folder locations in your contentDir setting.
(11-10-2014 23:00)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-10-2014 07:24)firebird Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I tried playing a .aif file from MinimServer using mconnect and it worked OK. I don't know why you are seeing an "invalid location" message. Do you have your .aif files in a different folder location than your .mp3 and .flac files? If so, you need to have both these folder locations in your contentDir setting.

Hi,

no everything is the same folder tree location.
(11-10-2014 23:52)firebird Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Please explain this in more detail:

bubbleupnp on android says on the blue ray player that the audio format is not supported.

Do you see this message displayed on the renderer (player) or is it displayed by BubbleUPnP?
(12-10-2014 08:03)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-10-2014 23:52)firebird Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Please explain this in more detail:

bubbleupnp on android says on the blue ray player that the audio format is not supported.

Do you see this message displayed on the renderer (player) or is it displayed by BubbleUPnP?

Using BubbleUPnP the message the message (audio format not supported) is displayed on the renderer, using mconnect to play to the renderer the notice (invalid file location) is displayed in the mconnect software.

To clarify when I play the .aif with mconnect and led the ipad play the song it is working.
(13-10-2014 19:58)firebird Wrote: [ -> ]Using BubbleUPnP the message the message (audio format not supported) is displayed on the renderer, using mconnect to play to the renderer the notice (invalid file location) is displayed in the mconnect software.

To clarify when I play the .aif with mconnect and led the ipad play the song it is working.

There might be a MIME type mismatch between MinimServer and the renderer. MinimServer is sending audio/x-aiff as the MIME type for .aif files. Can you find out whether the renderer is expecting to receive this MIME type when it is sent an AIFF file?
(13-10-2014 21:12)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-10-2014 19:58)firebird Wrote: [ -> ]Using BubbleUPnP the message the message (audio format not supported) is displayed on the renderer, using mconnect to play to the renderer the notice (invalid file location) is displayed in the mconnect software.

There might be a MIME type mismatch between MinimServer and the renderer. MinimServer is sending audio/x-aiff as the MIME type for .aif files. Can you find out whether the renderer is expecting to receive this MIME type when it is sent an AIFF file?

To be honest i have no idea how to get this Info, the renderer is a pioneer bdp-160.
(13-10-2014 22:08)firebird Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest i have no idea how to get this Info, the renderer is a pioneer bdp-160.

I don't know of any simple reliable way to find out. You could try asking the Pioneer technical support team. Another way to phrase the question is which UPnP server do they recommend to serve AIFF files to the bdp-160. I would probably be able to try their recommended server to see what MIME type it is sending.
Reference URL's