MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Run error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have previously successfully installed and run Minim on a laptop running Windows 8.1 I accept the updates as they become available.

Apparently out of the blue, the stream was interrupted periodically making listening impossible. I updated the latest version of Minim and have an up to date version of Java.

However it now will not run at all and I get this message
"MinimServer:unexpected exception
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:c:\Users\GH\AppData\Roaming\MinimServer\data\tmp\​native\ohNet.ddl:Can't load AMD 64-bit on a IA 32-bit platform

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Java and Minim without success.

Please advise

Thanks
(29-09-2014 19:50)pekorn44 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I have previously successfully installed and run Minim on a laptop running Windows 8.1 I accept the updates as they become available.

Apparently out of the blue, the stream was interrupted periodically making listening impossible. I updated the latest version of Minim and have an up to date version of Java.

However it now will not run at all and I get this message
"MinimServer:unexpected exception
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:c:\Users\GH\AppData\Roaming\MinimServer\data\tmp\​native\ohNet.ddl:Can't load AMD 64-bit on a IA 32-bit platform

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Java and Minim without success.

Please advise

Thanks

This message is telling you that you have installed MinimServer x64 with 32-bit Java. For a solution, see the Note to step 1 in this section.

The stream interruptions aren't related to this issue. These are normally caused by using a network connection with insufficient bandwidth for continuous music streaming.
Update

Hi all. As mentioned, I had uninstalled and reinstalled both Java and MinimServer so at first glance it would appear that the correct versions were installed.

Should anyone else run into this problem, be aware that the uninstall process on Minim can leave files behind, that is, the uninstall is not 100% successful. You will need to validate the uninstall by confirming all the files have been removed from the MinimServer directory on your machine and remove any left behind manually.

Removing the remnant files cured the problem for me.
(29-09-2014 21:57)pekorn44 Wrote: [ -> ]Update

Hi all. As mentioned, I had uninstalled and reinstalled both Java and MinimServer so at first glance it would appear that the correct versions were installed.

This depends on how you installed Java. If you installed it using the "one click" Oracle page from a 32-bit browser, the 32-bit version of Java would have been installed. The Note that I mentioned in my previous post tells you how to prevent this from happening.

Quote:Should anyone else run into this problem, be aware that the uninstall process on Minim can leave files behind, that is, the uninstall is not 100% successful. You will need to validate the uninstall by confirming all the files have been removed from the MinimServer directory on your machine and remove any left behind manually.

Removing the remnant files cured the problem for me.

This would produce a different message about a platform conflict between windows-x86 and windows-x64. This will be fixed in a future release.
Reference URL's