MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Minim Server transcoding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone Smile

I use a MacBook Pro with OSX mavericks with all my music stored in iTunes. Mix of mp3, AAC, and mostly apple lossless.

I'm new to this upnp stuff, my Arcam AVR400 AV amp supports upnp dnla. It supports mp3, AAC, WAV, flac.

I'm looking for a upnp server that can transcode the apple lossless to WAV or flac for my amp to support.

I read a post dated 06/2013 saying it's a future addon.

I was wondering if it's now supported?

Thanks Smile
(16-09-2014 10:40)Tristy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone Smile

I use a MacBook Pro with OSX mavericks with all my music stored in iTunes. Mix of mp3, AAC, and mostly apple lossless.

I'm new to this upnp stuff, my Arcam AVR400 AV amp supports upnp dnla. It supports mp3, AAC, WAV, flac.

I'm looking for a upnp server that can transcode the apple lossless to WAV or flac for my amp to support.

I read a post dated 06/2013 saying it's a future addon.

I was wondering if it's now supported?

Thanks Smile

You can transcode Apple Lossless to WAV using the add-on MinimStreamer component. See the MinimStreamer website for details.
WAW brill! Thanks for that Smile

And this keeps the same quality as original?
(16-09-2014 11:03)Tristy Wrote: [ -> ]WAW brill! Thanks for that Smile

And this keeps the same quality as original?

Yes, it is bit-perfect.
Thank you Smile

So just to get it right. Install minim server with the minim streamer addon + also install ffmpeg in osx?
(16-09-2014 15:26)Tristy Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you Smile

So just to get it right. Install minim server with the minim streamer addon + also install ffmpeg in osx?

Yes, and set the stream.transcode property as decribed in the user guide.
Thank you again Smile

Also set the stream.converter to ffmpeg?
(16-09-2014 15:46)Tristy Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you again Smile

Also set the stream.converter to ffmpeg?

This will happen automatically if ffmpeg is installed on your PATH.
Reference URL's