MinimServer Forum

Full Version: JRiver playlist no content
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I had successfully created a playlist using JRiver's import/export function getting the files from the QNAP and sending them back with .M3u and relative path settings to the QNAP and it worked. I have had some update notices from Minimserver and I did install them. The playlist folder now shows no content in the playlist. I have tried to send over new playlists and the folder is there but again no content. Do I need to re-install Minimserver on the QNAP?

Please help.
(03-09-2014 00:39)BHT Wrote: [ -> ]I had successfully created a playlist using JRiver's import/export function getting the files from the QNAP and sending them back with .M3u and relative path settings to the QNAP and it worked. I have had some update notices from Minimserver and I did install them. The playlist folder now shows no content in the playlist. I have tried to send over new playlists and the folder is there but again no content. Do I need to re-install Minimserver on the QNAP?

Please help.

Are you on the latest update 41? If it isn't working with this update, please post the full contents of one of your .m3u files. Thanks!

Edit: Please also use MinimWatch to check the MinimServer log window for error messges.
(03-09-2014 08:54)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-09-2014 00:39)BHT Wrote: [ -> ]I had successfully created a playlist using JRiver's import/export function getting the files from the QNAP and sending them back with .M3u and relative path settings to the QNAP and it worked. I have had some update notices from Minimserver and I did install them. The playlist folder now shows no content in the playlist. I have tried to send over new playlists and the folder is there but again no content. Do I need to re-install Minimserver on the QNAP?

Please help.

Are you on the latest update 41? If it isn't working with this update, please post the full contents of one of your .m3u files. Thanks!

Edit: Please also use MinimWatch to check the MinimServer log window for error messges.
In the log it has ERROR next to each Playlist song[/quote]
Ok,

Hopefully I have attached the log file showing the errrors.
(03-09-2014 22:40)BHT Wrote: [ -> ]Ok,

Thanks for posting the log extract. This shows that your playlist contains Windows-style paths with backslashes as separators. Because MinimServer is running on the QNAP (which uses Linux), your playlist needs to contain Linux-style paths with forward slashes as separators.

You can use oddgravity Playlist Creator to convert these JRiver playlists to the correct format for the QNAP.

On the Settings page of Playlist Creator, under Playlist Details, you need to select 'Relative' and 'Use forward slashes'. After doing this, you can click Open to import a JRiver playlist into Playlist Creator, then click Create Playlist to save the playlist in the correct format.

Important note: By default, the converted playlist will overwrite the old playlist. It is safer to use a different folder for the converted playlist by changing the 'Save location' value.

You can also use Playlist Creator to create new playlists from your music files in the correct format without using JRiver. To do this, select New and drag in the files that you want to include in the playlist.
(04-09-2014 10:33)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-09-2014 22:40)BHT Wrote: [ -> ]Ok,

Thanks for posting the log extract. This shows that your playlist contains Windows-style paths with backslashes as separators. Because MinimServer is running on the QNAP (which uses Linux), your playlist needs to contain Linux-style paths with forward slashes as separators.

You can use oddgravity Playlist Creator to convert these JRiver playlists to the correct format for the QNAP.

On the Settings page of Playlist Creator, under Playlist Details, you need to select 'Relative' and 'Use forward slashes'. After doing this, you can click Open to import a JRiver playlist into Playlist Creator, then click Create Playlist to save the playlist in the correct format.

Important note: By default, the converted playlist will overwrite the old playlist. It is safer to use a different folder for the converted playlist by changing the 'Save location' value.

You can also use Playlist Creator to create new playlists from your music files in the correct format without using JRiver. To do this, select New and drag in the files that you want to include in the playlist.
I will try and correct this thanks so much. I don't understand why the first playlist I created using JRiver worked with the exact same settings I used from the first time. When I checked the box that that said Store paths relative to exported playlist location. This from what I had read changes the back slash to the forward slash. See attached.
(04-09-2014 18:32)BHT Wrote: [ -> ]I will try and correct this thanks so much. I don't understand why the first playlist I created using JRiver worked with the exact same settings I used from the first time. When I checked the box that that said Store paths relative to exported playlist location. This from what I had read changes the back slash to the forward slash. See attached.

There is no attachment to your post.

Relative paths aren't the same as forward slashes. From everything I have read, JRiver on Windows always uses backslashes and JRiver on Mac always uses forward slashes.

If the first playlist was for music files in the same folder as the playlist, the JRiver playlist might have worked because no path separators were needed.
(04-09-2014 19:03)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2014 18:32)BHT Wrote: [ -> ]I will try and correct this thanks so much. I don't understand why the first playlist I created using JRiver worked with the exact same settings I used from the first time. When I checked the box that that said Store paths relative to exported playlist location. This from what I had read changes the back slash to the forward slash. See attached.

There is no attachment to your post.

Relative paths aren't the same as forward slashes. From everything I have read, JRiver on Windows always uses backslashes and JRiver on Mac always uses forward slashes.

If the first playlist was for music files in the same folder as the playlist, the JRiver playlist might have worked because no path separators were needed.

Ok so I have downloaded Oddgravity and will try to import to it and export out to the QNAP. Is ther anything I need to know before I use Oddgravity? I will wait to hear from you before I try it.

Thanks
(04-09-2014 19:42)BHT Wrote: [ -> ]Ok so I have downloaded Oddgravity and will try to import to it and export out to the QNAP. Is ther anything I need to know before I use Oddgravity? I will wait to hear from you before I try it.

Thanks

There isn't anything more than what I said in my earlier post (use a different folder for the converted playlist). The first step is to convert the playlist on Windows and look at the converted version to make sure the backslashes have been converted to forward slashes and everything else is still the same. If it looks OK, you can copy it to the QNAP.
(04-09-2014 20:51)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2014 19:42)BHT Wrote: [ -> ]Ok so I have downloaded Oddgravity and will try to import to it and export out to the QNAP. Is ther anything I need to know before I use Oddgravity? I will wait to hear from you before I try it.

Thanks

There isn't anything more than what I said in my earlier post (use a different folder for the converted playlist). The first step is to convert the playlist on Windows and look at the converted version to make sure the backslashes have been converted to forward slashes and everything else is still the same. If it looks OK, you can copy it to the QNAP.
I can't import the songs on the NAS into oddgravity. I have no problem getting songs from the NAS into JRiver. Man this is not easy at all. I can't even find where JRiver put the playlists I see while in JRiver. I am feeling smaller and smaller by the second. Please help.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's