MinimServer Forum

Full Version: MinimServer 0.61 has been released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MinimServer 0.61 is now available for download from this page. This release fixes the NullPointerException problem that was reported yesterday.
first updated from 0.52 to 0.60 on my Synology DS112j, worked fine.

Then update from 0.60 to 0.61 (stop the minimserver, then install the new version, then start server), but it errors with:

HTTPService: error creating server socket: Address already in use

Tried reboot the Synology with same result. Should I remove/delete the minimserver on Synology? Or try something else?

Thanks in advance.
Sorry! my BAD! I had set ohnet port same as http port! Now works fine! Smile
Btw, I had both a QNAP and a Synology. Both updated from 0.52 to 0.61. Only QNAP minimserver auto changed to minimserver[xxx], but Synology still use the old name minimserver:xxx

Anyway there is no problem in operation! Smile
(25-10-2012 10:22)psme Wrote: [ -> ]Btw, I had both a QNAP and a Synology. Both updated from 0.52 to 0.61. Only QNAP minimserver auto changed to minimserver[xxx], but Synology still use the old name minimserver:xxx

Anyway there is no problem in operation! Smile

It sounds like you have the old name saved in your minimserver.config file. If you want to change this, start MinimWatch and set the displayName field to blank. Then stop and restart MinimServer from the Synology admin console (not from MinimWatch).
I only came around trying out 0.61 today as I had been travelling quite a bit.

Looks great. I love the feature to rename/translate tag-names! I guess the only key feature I am missing now is some control on what is being displayed in the "Artist" tag for control point purposes and automatic conversion of "lastname, firstname" naming-convations into "firstname lastname".

Oh - and and easy-to-install add-on for the Readynas NVX would be great. I am running Minim now on an old Windows PC, which is not a long term solution for me.

Many thanks for the great work!!

bbrip
(10-11-2012 15:03)bbrip Wrote: [ -> ]I only came around trying out 0.61 today as I had been travelling quite a bit.

You need to move up to 0.62 now. Smile

Quote:Looks great. I love the feature to rename/translate tag-names! I guess the only key feature I am missing now is some control on what is being displayed in the "Artist" tag for control point purposes and automatic conversion of "lastname, firstname" naming-convations into "firstname lastname".

This support is planned for the next major release.

Quote:Oh - and and easy-to-install add-on for the Readynas NVX would be great. I am running Minim now on an old Windows PC, which is not a long term solution for me.

I've arranged to borrow a ReadyNAS for a few weeks so that I can investigate how to create such a package.

Quote:Many thanks for the great work!!

bbrip

You're most welcome. Smile
Just upgraded to 0.62 now and set the "wav24" property. I am very curious now as I've been very sceptical on these "sound improvements wav vs flac so far... But I'll keep an open mind Wink

great to hear you're on the ReadyNAS front Smile
Reference URL's