MinimServer Forum

Full Version: MinimWatch Log Errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently I upgraded to DSM 5.0 and Java 8 on my Synology NAS. Until today there were no issues. For some reason I noticed that the MinimServer icon on my MacMini stayed dark and took quite some time before it showed active status, even though when I checked on my NAS it indicated MinimServer was running. Now When I try to do a restart or rescan I get errors in the MinimWatch log which I have attached. In addition I am unable to play any music via PlugPlayer. PlugPlayer shows MinimServer is active and I can browse files, but when I select a song nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated.
(30-08-2014 01:36)clio09 Wrote: [ -> ]Recently I upgraded to DSM 5.0 and Java 8 on my Synology NAS. Until today there were no issues. For some reason I noticed that the MinimServer icon on my MacMini stayed dark and took quite some time before it showed active status, even though when I checked on my NAS it indicated MinimServer was running. Now When I try to do a restart or rescan I get errors in the MinimWatch log which I have attached. In addition I am unable to play any music via PlugPlayer. PlugPlayer shows MinimServer is active and I can browse files, but when I select a song nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated.

This indicates a network problem. MinimWatch is unable to communicate with MinimServer for some reason. PlugPlayer keeps a cache of previously loaded browse information, so you are probably seeing cached data when you browse files.

I suggest you power everythng off and then power it on again in this order:

1) Router (then wait 3 minutes)
2) Switches (if you have any)
3) NAS (then wait 3 minutes)
4) Mac Mini
5) Renderer (not sure what you are using for this)
I am using a Resolution Audio Cantata as the renderer. I have a Netgear switch and AirPort Extreme as a router. The NAS is Synology DS-411Slim. I will try as you suggest and report back.
Well that seemed to work. Noticed there were updates waiting for me as well. Thanks for the help.
Reference URL's