MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Minimwatch does not launch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone,

I just installed Minimserver as per the instructions on my new Synology DS 214 NAS and all seems to be working correctly on that end.

I am now trying to install and run minimwatch to configure Minimserver. It does manage to install the program but when it tries to run it after installation, I get the following error message:

"Unable to execute file C:/Program Files/Minimwatch/lib/mwatch.jar

ShellExecuteEx failed; code 1155.
No application is associated with the specified file for this operation. "

I have a 32 bit Win 7 install and the latest version of Java.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Roeland
(26-08-2014 21:11)Rovereec Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Everyone,

I just installed Minimserver as per the instructions on my new Synology DS 214 NAS and all seems to be working correctly on that end.

I am now trying to install and run minimwatch to configure Minimserver. It does manage to install the program but when it tries to run it after installation, I get the following error message:

"Unable to execute file C:/Program Files/Minimwatch/lib/mwatch.jar

ShellExecuteEx failed; code 1155.
No application is associated with the specified file for this operation. "

I have a 32 bit Win 7 install and the latest version of Java.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Roeland

When you install Java on Windows, the .jar file extension should be associated with the Java(TM) Platform SE binary. You can check this with Default Programs from Control Panel. It sounds like this association didn't happen for you for some reason. You might be able to fix it by reinstalling Java.
Hi Simon,

uninstalling Java and reinstalling it indeed did the trick!

Thank you very much :-)

Best regards,

Roeland
Reference URL's