MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Gray Box-Minimwatch after update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have updated to .8 Update 34 via Minimwatch. I clicked though it and it's been gray for 10 min now. It's never taken this long to restart/rescan. Any thoughts? Also, I do not see any updates on the update page that need to be manually installed.

TIA
OK, fixed it. Had to go to Action then Start Minimserver. For some reason it stopped when I tried to update from Minimwatch.
(07-08-2014 00:57)jtwrace Wrote: [ -> ]I have updated to .8 Update 34 via Minimwatch. I clicked though it and it's been gray for 10 min now. It's never taken this long to restart/rescan. Any thoughts? Also, I do not see any updates on the update page that need to be manually installed.

TIA

Which platform are you using to run MinimServer?

It sounds like there was a relaunch failure. This should have produced two diagnostic files with names starting minimserver-heapdump and minimserver-threads. The location of these files is dependent on the MinimServer platform. I would be interested to see these files to understand what caused the problem.
(07-08-2014 09:27)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-08-2014 00:57)jtwrace Wrote: [ -> ]I have updated to .8 Update 34 via Minimwatch. I clicked though it and it's been gray for 10 min now. It's never taken this long to restart/rescan. Any thoughts? Also, I do not see any updates on the update page that need to be manually installed.

TIA

Which platform are you using to run MinimServer?

It sounds like there was a relaunch failure. This should have produced two diagnostic files with names starting minimserver-heapdump and minimserver-threads. The location of these files is dependent on the MinimServer platform. I would be interested to see these files to understand what caused the problem.

I'm using a Synology 1813+ with Minimwatch on my MacBook Air.
(07-08-2014 12:45)jtwrace Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using a Synology 1813+ with Minimwatch on my MacBook Air.

Please use Synology File Station to look in the folder MinimServer/appData. Do you see the heapdump and threads files there?
(07-08-2014 13:08)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-08-2014 12:45)jtwrace Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using a Synology 1813+ with Minimwatch on my MacBook Air.

Please use Synology File Station to look in the folder MinimServer/appData. Do you see the heapdump and threads files there?

I sure do. Where should I email them?
(07-08-2014 13:10)jtwrace Wrote: [ -> ]I sure do. Where should I email them?

Please upload them to my FTP server. I will send you a PM with the server details. Thanks very much!
(07-08-2014 13:38)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-08-2014 13:10)jtwrace Wrote: [ -> ]I sure do. Where should I email them?

Please upload them to my FTP server. I will send you a PM with the server details. Thanks very much!

Done.
(07-08-2014 13:45)jtwrace Wrote: [ -> ]Done.

Thanks very much! Unfortunately, there aren't any useful clues in these files. This happens sometimes for no obvious reason. It seems it can affect particular machines, so you might get a few of these. I'd be interested to know whether it happens if you do a Relaunch from the Properties tab without installing an update.
(07-08-2014 14:41)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-08-2014 13:45)jtwrace Wrote: [ -> ]Done.

Thanks very much! Unfortunately, there aren't any useful clues in these files. This happens sometimes for no obvious reason. It seems it can affect particular machines, so you might get a few of these. I'd be interested to know whether it happens if you do a Relaunch from the Properties tab without installing an update.

OK. I'll gladly try it tonight.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's