MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Sort Order change from updated 8.1 compared with new install 8.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok I have to say I am 99% sure of this change but I can't easily go back to make 100% sure.

I have a custom tag which I use to tag recent albums. Currently there are 77 albums in this list. Initially I updated MinimServer to 8.2 and the sort order when I reached the 77 albums was Artist, Album - this is set in tagOptions as Album.sortTags={Artist,Album}. This was the order prior to the update as well.

I had allowed it to do the update but had seen the comment "If you have 0.8.1 installed already, you can either do a full install of 0.8.2 or you can stay on 0.8.1 and apply the online updates. You will get a few additional fixes if you install 0.8.2 (see the Release notes for details)."

So I thought that when I had time I'd install the complete new version. I did that tonight and then noticed that the sort order of the albums in the Recent list was now Album. When I updated the QPKG on the QNAP it retained the properties that were already setup. I thought that the retention of the system config files may be causing the problem. So I deleted MinimServer from my QNAP and did a complete re-install and recreated the properties but still the 77 albums sort alphabetically by album rather than Artist, Album.

Did anything change here to cause this behaviour? Am I right in thinking the tagOptions of Album.sortTags should change the order

QNAP TS-459 Pro+ Firmware 4.0.7
Control points Kinsky and Kazoo on Windows 8.1 and iPad Air

PS: I did also update Java to 8.0.1 before doing the 8.2 QPKG install
(05-08-2014 23:20)Peter@57m Wrote: [ -> ]Ok I have to say I am 99% sure of this change but I can't easily go back to make 100% sure.

I have a custom tag which I use to tag recent albums. Currently there are 77 albums in this list. Initially I updated MinimServer to 8.2 and the sort order when I reached the 77 albums was Artist, Album - this is set in tagOptions as Album.sortTags={Artist,Album}. This was the order prior to the update as well.

I had allowed it to do the update but had seen the comment "If you have 0.8.1 installed already, you can either do a full install of 0.8.2 or you can stay on 0.8.1 and apply the online updates. You will get a few additional fixes if you install 0.8.2 (see the Release notes for details)."

So I thought that when I had time I'd install the complete new version. I did that tonight and then noticed that the sort order of the albums in the Recent list was now Album. When I updated the QPKG on the QNAP it retained the properties that were already setup. I thought that the retention of the system config files may be causing the problem. So I deleted MinimServer from my QNAP and did a complete re-install and recreated the properties but still the 77 albums sort alphabetically by album rather than Artist, Album.

Did anything change here to cause this behaviour? Am I right in thinking the tagOptions of Album.sortTags should change the order

QNAP TS-459 Pro+ Firmware 4.0.7
Control points Kinsky and Kazoo on Windows 8.1 and iPad Air

PS: I did also update Java to 8.0.1 before doing the 8.2 QPKG install

Have you installed update 33?

With your current setup, do you have Album.sortTags={Artist,Album} in tagOptions? I have tried this with update 33 and it is working for me.

Are you getting the expected sort order for the top-level "n albums" list?

When you select the Recent tag, do you then select "n albums" to get the list that isn't sorted correctly? If not, how are you getting this list?
(06-08-2014 08:00)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]Have you installed update 33?

With your current setup, do you have Album.sortTags={Artist,Album} in tagOptions? I have tried this with update 33 and it is working for me.

Are you getting the expected sort order for the top-level "n albums" list?

When you select the Recent tag, do you then select "n albums" to get the list that isn't sorted correctly? If not, how are you getting this list?

Here is the info from the log at startup showing update 33 installed:

MinimServer 0.8.2 update 33, Copyright © 2012-2014 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
MinimStreamer 0.4.1, Copyright © 2012-2014 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
Java™ SE Embedded Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0-b132)
Java HotSpot™ Embedded Client VM (build 25.0-b70, mixed mode)
Platform default charset is UTF-8
starting MinimServer
Language setting is 'auto'

Property setting are as follows:

alphaGroup AlbumArtist
contentDir /share/Public/FLAC
displayName MinimServer
indexTabs Artist,Custom1,AlbumArtist:A_Artist,#audioquality:AudQual,#audiodata:AudData,-Custom2:Dyn_R,Custom4:Added,Date, Genre, All Artists, Composer, Conductor, Orchestra
listViewAlbums 30
mergeFolderAlbums false
tagOptions Album.sortTags={Artist,Album},Date.indexValue.yearOnly,all.sortValue.ignoreThe

numericSort true
showExtras false
startupScan true
tagCustom Composer.displayRole={artist}, AlbumArtist.displayRole={artist}
tagFormat Artist.displayFormat={$artist$orchestra$conductor},album.displayFormat={$album$#​audiodata}
updateReminder 1

http.port 9790
logFile /share/Public/minimserver.log
ohnet.debug Default
ohnet.port 9791
stream.converter ffmpeg
stream.transcode flac:wav24, mp3:wav24, aac:wav24, alac:wav24

Yes the top level n-albums folder shows items in artist,album order.

The custom tag is named Custom1. When I select that there are 4 possible values, one of which is Recent. Selecting Recent shows:
77 albums
957 items
etc

selecting 77 albums then shows the albums in album name order
(06-08-2014 10:22)Peter@57m Wrote: [ -> ]Yes the top level n-albums folder shows items in artist,album order.

The custom tag is named Custom1. When I select that there are 4 possible values, one of which is Recent. Selecting Recent shows:
77 albums
957 items
etc

selecting 77 albums then shows the albums in album name order

Thanks for all this very detailed information.

I have found the cause of the problem and it will be fixed in the next update.
Great - thanks
(06-08-2014 11:43)Peter@57m Wrote: [ -> ]Great - thanks

The fix is now available in update 34.
(06-08-2014 13:01)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2014 11:43)Peter@57m Wrote: [ -> ]Great - thanks

The fix is now available in update 34.

Update 34 has resolved the issue.

Thank you very much for the amazingly quick fix.
Reference URL's