MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Artist s/ All Artists alphabetical sorting through categories A-Z
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Most of the clients like plugplayer show a alphabetical sorting on the right side, means when i tab e.g. the letter "b" i get all artist with "b" at the beginning. But some clients did not give this possibility. When i tab on "artist" or "all artist" all artists are shown in alphabetical sorting and scrolling is a bid hard to do.

So it would be nice when artists and albums also give the possibilty to be arranged in categories "A" to "Z"
(19-10-2012 17:44)Oroperplex Wrote: [ -> ]Most of the clients like plugplayer show a alphabetical sorting on the right side, means when i tab e.g. the letter "b" i get all artist with "b" at the beginning. But some clients did not give this possibility. When i tab on "artist" or "all artist" all artists are shown in alphabetical sorting and scrolling is a bid hard to do.

So it would be nice when artists and albums also give the possibilty to be arranged in categories "A" to "Z"

You can do this by setting the alphaGroup property. See the release notes for version 0.50 for instructions on how to do this.
(19-10-2012 17:48)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-10-2012 17:44)Oroperplex Wrote: [ -> ]Most of the clients like plugplayer show a alphabetical sorting on the right side, means when i tab e.g. the letter "b" i get all artist with "b" at the beginning. But some clients did not give this possibility. When i tab on "artist" or "all artist" all artists are shown in alphabetical sorting and scrolling is a bid hard to do.

You can do this by setting the alphaGroup property. See the release notes for version 0.50 for instructions on how to do this.

many thanks i will try it sorry that i did not be aware of all the possibilities.

MiniMServer is out of the box a very good piece of software, better than most of the competitors
(19-10-2012 17:53)Oroperplex Wrote: [ -> ]many thanks i will try it sorry that i did not be aware of all the possibilities.

MiniMServer is out of the box a very good piece of software, better than most of the competitors

Thanks for your kind words!

It's unfortunate that some important information is buried in the release notes and isn't yet in the user guide. I'm currently rewriting the user guide to bring it fully up to date. The new version will be available very soon.
Reference URL's