MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Setting Content Directory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is the proper syntax for entering the Content Directory? See attached? I am using a QNAP NAS and the volume name is DataVol1 so I would think the proper path is /DataVol1/Music but that does not work.
(24-07-2014 03:31)minisn Wrote: [ -> ]What is the proper syntax for entering the Content Directory? See attached? I am using a QNAP NAS and the volume name is DataVol1 so I would think the proper path is /DataVol1/Music but that does not work.

Please don't create multiple threads asking the same question. I have replied to your question in the other thread you created.
(24-07-2014 10:23)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-07-2014 03:31)minisn Wrote: [ -> ]What is the proper syntax for entering the Content Directory? See attached? I am using a QNAP NAS and the volume name is DataVol1 so I would think the proper path is /DataVol1/Music but that does not work.

Please don't create multiple threads asking the same question. I have replied to your question in the other thread you created.

I have the same question, but since you posted your answer in another thread, unnamed, I can't see what you said. I have a QNAP TS-251 NAS and want to set the content directory. I have no idea how to do that. Could you please explain, in beginner's language, how I can do that? The MinimServer status screen says "To change this, enter the full path to your new content directory in the field below and click Update."
Then it says:
Content directory: a blank field appears here. Everything I've tried entering produces an error message. I don't know how to enter a full path. I will appreciate your help.
(07-09-2014 21:03)vforrest Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same question, but since you posted your answer in another thread, unnamed, I can't see what you said. I have a QNAP TS-251 NAS and want to set the content directory. I have no idea how to do that. Could you please explain, in beginner's language, how I can do that? The MinimServer status screen says "To change this, enter the full path to your new content directory in the field below and click Update."
Then it says:
Content directory: a blank field appears here. Everything I've tried entering produces an error message. I don't know how to enter a full path. I will appreciate your help.

There is a tutorial showing how to do this on this page. If you have installed MinimServer 0.8.2 (now available from the QNAP App Center), you will see a link to this tutorial from the status page.
Reference URL's