MinimServer Forum

Full Version: MinimServer Status Path Syntax
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is the proper syntax for setting the Minimserver Status Path for the content directory? I have a shared volume named: DataVol1 and then a shared folder named "Music". There is then a subdirectory under "Music" also name music. So in the windows world, the path would be \Music\music\ but this does not seem to work. See attached. Any suggestions?
(24-07-2014 01:51)minisn Wrote: [ -> ]What is the proper syntax for setting the Minimserver Status Path for the content directory? I have a shared volume named: DataVol1 and then a shared folder named "Music". There is then a subdirectory under "Music" also name music. So in the windows world, the path would be \Music\music\ but this does not seem to work. See attached. Any suggestions?

From your screenprint I would say it should be: /DataVol1/Music/Music

The path is case sensitive so you need to make sure you have the correct "music" or "Music" name (spelled inconsistently above)

bbrip
(24-07-2014 01:51)minisn Wrote: [ -> ]What is the proper syntax for setting the Minimserver Status Path for the content directory? I have a shared volume named: DataVol1 and then a shared folder named "Music". There is then a subdirectory under "Music" also name music. So in the windows world, the path would be \Music\music\ but this does not seem to work. See attached. Any suggestions?

Are you running MinimServer on Windows or on a NAS? If you are running it on Windows, the path should be \\DataVol1\Music\music.
(24-07-2014 10:15)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]

Are you running MinimServer on Windows or on a NAS? If you are running it on Windows, the path should be \\DataVol1\Music\music.

I am running MinimServer on a QNAP NAS. The path you recommend above does not work, so what do you suggest?
(24-07-2014 14:59)minisn Wrote: [ -> ]I am running MinimServer on a QNAP NAS. The path you recommend above does not work, so what do you suggest?

In this case, the path should be /share/DataVol1/Music/music.
(24-07-2014 15:30)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-07-2014 14:59)minisn Wrote: [ -> ]I am running MinimServer on a QNAP NAS. The path you recommend above does not work, so what do you suggest?

I tried this and it still does not work. I did change the name of the next level down folder from music to Flac, see attached, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
(25-07-2014 00:23)minisn Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-07-2014 15:30)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]

I tried this and it still does not work. I did change the name of the next level down folder from music to Flac, see attached, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
And here is the file tree, see attached
(25-07-2014 00:26)minisn Wrote: [ -> ]And here is the file tree, see attached

Thanks for posting the file tree. The correct path is /share/Music/Flac.
(25-07-2014 09:44)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-07-2014 00:26)minisn Wrote: [ -> ]And here is the file tree, see attached

Thanks for posting the file tree. The correct path is /share/Music/Flac.

thanks so much, that was the fix. Software works great, nice job.
Reference URL's