MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Transcoding on Qnap 119 Pro II
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Simon,

Thank you for Minimserver. It sounds great on my Linn Majik DS feeded by my Qnap 119 Pro II NAS. I am an newbey with NAS and not very handy when it comes to computers either, so I was very happy when the special Minimserver app for my Qnap NAS was released. I couldn't have got it working without that.

I have tried for many days now to figure out how to get the NAS to transcode my flac files to wav files, but I may need some help what to try next. I searched the forum too, but cannot find anything I understand or that seems to address my problem and my level of undestanding. I really hope you can point me in the right direction and please forgive my impertinence if this is not the way to ask you this question.

What I have tried and got working till now:

- Minimserver runs perfectly on my NAS
- I can only see a minimserver status when I check via the NAS servers' URL
- I installed Java and minimwatch on my Windows 7 pc,
- The minimserver icon shows green
- when selectief minimwatch from the pc menu, no program starts up, should there?

My goal is to get the best sounding feed from my NAS to my Linn Majik DS. I read that transcoding Flac:wav24 should sound best, but I cannot find how and where to input these commands. On the internet I read about switching transcoding on/off but I seem to miss the way how to influence minimserver behaviour.

Kind regards,
Daan van Kerkhoff
The Netherlands
(15-07-2014 23:35)Kerkhoffd Wrote: [ -> ]Dear Simon,

Thank you for Minimserver. It sounds great on my Linn Majik DS feeded by my Qnap 119 Pro II NAS. I am an newbey with NAS and not very handy when it comes to computers either, so I was very happy when the special Minimserver app for my Qnap NAS was released. I couldn't have got it working without that.

I have tried for many days now to figure out how to get the NAS to transcode my flac files to wav files, but I may need some help what to try next. I searched the forum too, but cannot find anything I understand or that seems to address my problem and my level of undestanding. I really hope you can point me in the right direction and please forgive my impertinence if this is not the way to ask you this question.

What I have tried and got working till now:

- Minimserver runs perfectly on my NAS
- I can only see a minimserver status when I check via the NAS servers' URL
- I installed Java and minimwatch on my Windows 7 pc,
- The minimserver icon shows green
- when selectief minimwatch from the pc menu, no program starts up, should there?

My goal is to get the best sounding feed from my NAS to my Linn Majik DS. I read that transcoding Flac:wav24 should sound best, but I cannot find how and where to input these commands. On the internet I read about switching transcoding on/off but I seem to miss the way how to influence minimserver behaviour.

Kind regards,
Daan van Kerkhoff
The Netherlands

Welcome to the MinimServer forum!

Please see the MinimStreamer website for details of how to install MinimStreamer and set up transcoding. If you have any questions about how to use MinimStreamer, please create a thread in the MinimStreamer section of this forum.

When you start MinimWatch on the PC, you should see an icon with a minim symbol in the system tray. This icon provides the MinimWatch UI. See this page for details of how to use this minim icon to monitor and control MinimServer.
Reference URL's