MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Error Exception reading file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am pretty new to MinimServer and for the most part it is working well from my QNAP TS-509 server to stream music to my Naim SuperUniti. However, I added some new FLAC files to the library yesterday and noticed my SuperUniti couldn't find one of the new directories even though I could see it in the correct place on the NAS through a Windows PC. As I have MinimWatch installed I checked the log file and found this: -
Error: exception reading file Music/Stereo Mcs Connected/Stereo MC's - Connected - 10 - Chicken Shake.flac (length 23503308)
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 63
at java.lang.String.checkBounds(String.java:373)
at java.lang.String.<init>(String.java:450)
at com.minimserver.FLACFileReader.readFile(FLACFileReader.java:151)
at com.minimserver.FileReader.readFileData(FileReader.java:93)
at com.minimserver.Server.readMetadata(Server.java:5361)
at com.minimserver.Server.scanFiles(Server.java:3845)
at com.minimserver.Server.scanFiles(Server.java:3969)
at com.minimserver.Server.scanFiles(Server.java:3969)
at com.minimserver.Server.readFiles(Server.java:3392)
at com.minimserver.Server.doStart(Server.java:1925)
at com.minimserver.Server.start(Server.java:456)
at org.jminim.core.ContextImpl.startComponent(ContextImpl.java:160)
at org.jminim.core.ContextImpl.start(ContextImpl.java:85)
at org.jminim.core.RuntimeImpl.run(RuntimeImpl.java:1236)
at org.jminim.core.LauncherImpl.run(LauncherImpl.java:808)
at org.jminim.core.LauncherImpl.launch(LauncherImpl.java:81)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.jav​a:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483)
at org.jminim.launch.Launcher.doLaunch(Launcher.java:475)
at org.jminim.launch.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:133)
at com.minimserver.launch.LaunchServer.main(LaunchServer.java:28)

I have absolutely no idea what this means and Googling didn't yield anything useful.
The file plays perfectly through VLC, Twonky Media Server and Asset Server so I am quite confident the file is good and curious why MinimServer has such a problem. Indeed the log file is full of other errors but those files seem to play ok.
Any ideas anyone?
(13-07-2014 00:26)k9ponu Wrote: [ -> ]I am pretty new to MinimServer and for the most part it is working well from my QNAP TS-509 server to stream music to my Naim SuperUniti. However, I added some new FLAC files to the library yesterday and noticed my SuperUniti couldn't find one of the new directories even though I could see it in the correct place on the NAS through a Windows PC. As I have MinimWatch installed I checked the log file and found this: -
Error: exception reading file Music/Stereo Mcs Connected/Stereo MC's - Connected - 10 - Chicken Shake.flac (length 23503308)
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 63
----------------------

I have absolutely no idea what this means and Googling didn't yield anything useful.
The file plays perfectly through VLC, Twonky Media Server and Asset Server so I am quite confident the file is good and curious why MinimServer has such a problem. Indeed the log file is full of other errors but those files seem to play ok.
Any ideas anyone?

The tag information in this file is corrupted, so MinimServer can't read the tags. If you do a "FLAC to FLAC" conversion using dBpoweramp, this should fix the problem.

I will add a check for this corruption so that MinimServer produces a more meaningful error mesage instead of this Java exception. Thanks for reporting this.
Thanks for the prompt response. I ran a FLAC to FLAC through dBpoweramp as suggested but the following errors were generated: -

Error converting to FLAC, 'H:\Stereo Mcs Connected\Stereo MC's - Connected - 03 - Everything.flac' to 'H:\stereo redone\Stereo MC's - Connected - 03 - Everything.flac'
md5 did not match decoded data, file is corrupt.

The file still plays across other platforms so maybe I'll post this problem elsewhere.
(13-07-2014 13:10)k9ponu Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the prompt response. I ran a FLAC to FLAC through dBpoweramp as suggested but the following errors were generated: -

Error converting to FLAC, 'H:\Stereo Mcs Connected\Stereo MC's - Connected - 03 - Everything.flac' to 'H:\stereo redone\Stereo MC's - Connected - 03 - Everything.flac'
md5 did not match decoded data, file is corrupt.

The file still plays across other platforms so maybe I'll post this problem elsewhere.

It sounds like the file corruption problem is too serious for dBpoweramp to repair it. Can you rerip or redownload this file?

If the audio data is OK, the file should play. The corruption problem is in the tag section of the file.
Reference URL's