MinimServer Forum

Full Version: ALBUMARTIST & ALBUM ARTIST conflict
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi - I had an issue whereby some albums weren't getting indexed. Looking at the logs (and I apologise for not having the exact warning, I've since fixed them!) the tracks had conflicting ALBUMARTISTand ALBUM ARTIST tags. This seems to have started happening recently and I'm wondering if it's a problem with Mediamonkey which I used for tag editing. it got me thinking though, why does Minimserver take notice of the extended tag ALBUM ARTIST as well as ALBUMARTIST?
(04-07-2014 17:46)Rufus McDufus Wrote: [ -> ]Hi - I had an issue whereby some albums weren't getting indexed. Looking at the logs (and I apologise for not having the exact warning, I've since fixed them!) the tracks had conflicting ALBUMARTISTand ALBUM ARTIST tags. This seems to have started happening recently and I'm wondering if it's a problem with Mediamonkey which I used for tag editing. it got me thinking though, why does Minimserver take notice of the extended tag ALBUM ARTIST as well as ALBUMARTIST?

ALBUM ARTIST has historically been used by some servers and tagging programs and some people still have this in their libraries. MinimServer does the following:

1) If a track is tagged with ALBUMARTIST and isn't tagged with ALBUM ARTIST, the ALBUMARTIST tag is used for the ALBUMARTIST value.

2) If a track is tagged with ALBUM ARTIST and isn't tagged with ALBUMARTIST, the ALBUM ARTIST tag is used for the ALBUMARTIST value.

3) If a track is tagged with both ALBUMARTIST and ALBUM ARTIST, the ALBUMARTIST tag is used for the ALBUMARTIST value and the ALBUM ARTIST tag is ignored.
Thank Simon! What happened is that I've been altering some album artists to be a single value , where previously I used multiple album artists (i.e Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers where previously I used Tom Petty; The Heartbreakers). I've done this in Mediamonkey which appears to be changing ALBUMARTIST correctly but for some reason I'm ending up with a mixture of old and new values for ALBUM ARTIST (even though MM doesn't even edit this as far as I can tell, and there's no way of editing this extended tag in MM even if you wanted to). So ALBUMARTIST is consistent & correct across a whole album but ALBUM ARTIST is not. The whole album doesn't seem to get indexed under ALBUMARTIST for some reason.
I've been fixing the extended tags in mp3tag and all is good, but it was a bit baffling. The issue seems to be with Mediamonkey but I wasn't sure why they werent getting indexed at all in Minimserver.
Reference URL's