MinimServer Forum

Full Version: DSD64 natively?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do you have to transcode DSD64 files to get them to play over internet. My streamer is supposed to support DSD64 over internet natively but will not play non transcoded .dsf or .dff out of MinimServer. Do I have a NAS problem, a MinimServer problem, a streamer problem or a knowledge and understanding problem?
Chatting to the dealer I got the streamer from today, he likens the dsf:dopwav transcode to be like a packaging exercise for transmission over Ethernet rather than a file format change so maybe my problem was knowledge and understanding.
(28-06-2014 15:18)beckphotonik Wrote: [ -> ]Chatting to the dealer I got the streamer from today, he likens the dsf:dopwav transcode to be like a packaging exercise for transmission over Ethernet rather than a file format change so maybe my problem was knowledge and understanding.

Some streamers require DSD audio to be packaged in DoP/WAV format when streaming over Ethernet. If this is working for you, your streamer is playing your music as native DSD. Which streamer are you using?
(28-06-2014 17:38)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-06-2014 15:18)beckphotonik Wrote: [ -> ]Chatting to the dealer I got the streamer from today, he likens the dsf:dopwav transcode to be like a packaging exercise for transmission over Ethernet rather than a file format change so maybe my problem was knowledge and understanding.

Some streamers require DSD audio to be packaged in DoP/WAV format when streaming over Ethernet. If this is working for you, your streamer is playing your music as native DSD. Which streamer are you using?

Thanks Simon, I'm using the Chord Electronics DSX1000.
(28-06-2014 17:54)beckphotonik Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Simon, I'm using the Chord Electronics DSX1000.

This supports DSD64 over Ethernet only when packaged as DoP/WAV.
(28-06-2014 20:26)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-06-2014 17:54)beckphotonik Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Simon, I'm using the Chord Electronics DSX1000.

This supports DSD64 over Ethernet only when packaged as DoP/WAV.

Many thanks for the confirmation. Not yet sure if I will fully commit to DSD, I read compelling arguments for and against but it's is good to know that I can enjoy the format whichever I choose.
Reference URL's