MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Album Title
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Simon, i have just run on a little problem displaying the album title discs. I have an album by "Bread - Retrospective" and there are 2 discs. When i tag the properties and type in album tag of the songs like "Retrospective (Disc1)" then on bubbleUpNp control point doesn't show the disc number,it shows only "Retrospective", but if i disable the () and type "Retrospective Disc1" without the "()"(i edit my music tags with dbpoweramp) then it shows up. Is there any command i should bare in mind to add on minimwatch or minimserver properties so that the "(Disc1)" would show up? I guess i have alot of albums with several discs that are tagged like (Disc1,2,3) etc.

Thanks in advance.
Regards Meffy
(21-06-2014 01:40)Meffy Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Simon, i have just run on a little problem displaying the album title discs. I have an album by "Bread - Retrospective" and there are 2 discs. When i tag the properties and type in album tag of the songs like "Retrospective (Disc1)" then on bubbleUpNp control point doesn't show the disc number,it shows only "Retrospective", but if i disable the () and type "Retrospective Disc1" without the "()"(i edit my music tags with dbpoweramp) then it shows up. Is there any command i should bare in mind to add on minimwatch or minimserver properties so that the "(Disc1)" would show up? I guess i have alot of albums with several discs that are tagged like (Disc1,2,3) etc.

Thanks in advance.
Regards Meffy

If you want the album discs to be shown as a combined album in the albums list, you should tag with the parentheses:

Retrospective (Disc1)
Retrospective (Disc2)

This will set the album name to 'Retrospective' and will apply a DISCNUMBER value of 1 to the tracks on the first disc and a DISCNUMBER value of 2 to the tracks on the second disc.

If you want the album discs to be shown as separate albums in the albums list, you should tag without the parentheses:

Retrospective Disc1
Retrospective Disc2

This will set the album names to 'Retrospective Disc1' and 'Retrospective Disc2' and will not apply DISCNUMBER values to the tracks.
(21-06-2014 15:58)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-06-2014 01:40)Meffy Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Simon, i have just run on a little problem displaying the album title discs. I have an album by "Bread - Retrospective" and there are 2 discs. When i tag the properties and type in album tag of the songs like "Retrospective (Disc1)" then on bubbleUpNp control point doesn't show the disc number,it shows only "Retrospective", but if i disable the () and type "Retrospective Disc1" without the "()"(i edit my music tags with dbpoweramp) then it shows up. Is there any command i should bare in mind to add on minimwatch or minimserver properties so that the "(Disc1)" would show up? I guess i have alot of albums with several discs that are tagged like (Disc1,2,3) etc.

Thanks in advance.
Regards Meffy

If you want the album discs to be shown as a combined album in the albums list, you should tag with the parentheses:

Retrospective (Disc1)
Retrospective (Disc2)

This will set the album name to 'Retrospective' and will apply a DISCNUMBER value of 1 to the tracks on the first disc and a DISCNUMBER value of 2 to the tracks on the second disc.

If you want the album discs to be shown as separate albums in the albums list, you should tag without the parentheses:

Retrospective Disc1
Retrospective Disc2

This will set the album names to 'Retrospective Disc1' and 'Retrospective Disc2' and will not apply DISCNUMBER values to the tracks.

Hi Simon and thanks for your reply, but... i did as you said,(this is how i had it before) in every track i have taged the album title with dbpoweramp as Retrospective (Disc1) for disc1 and Retrospective (Disc2) for the Disc2 but still when i play the tracks on the bubbleUnPn displays as Retrospective withhout the disc numbers but... if i disable the parentheses and tag them as Retrospective Disc1 e.g. Retrospective Disc2 then they display as is on the control point "Retrospective Disc1" e.g. "Retrospective Disc2". Let me xplain it better for you, on my hard drive i have this album as "\\SYNOLOGY\Disk 3_Music\Music\FLAC\Standard_Tracks\Bread - Retrospective" and under this folder i have 2 subfolders which each one of them contains the tracks of this album "Disc1" and "Disc2"
I can an attachment of the tags so you can see with parentheses and without parentheses.
Is there any command i should add in the minimserver properties so that the parentheses can be displayed on the control point? And if so whats the command ?

Thanks regards
Meffy
(21-06-2014 19:45)Meffy Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-06-2014 15:58)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]If you want the album discs to be shown as a combined album in the albums list, you should tag with the parentheses:

Retrospective (Disc1)
Retrospective (Disc2)

Retrospective Disc1
Retrospective Disc2

Hi Simon and thanks for your reply, but... i did as you said,(this is how i had it before) in every track i have taged the album title with dbpoweramp as Retrospective (Disc1) for disc1 and Retrospective (Disc2) for the Disc2 but still when i play the tracks on the bubbleUnPn displays as Retrospective withhout the disc numbers but... if i disable the parentheses and tag them as Retrospective Disc1 e.g. Retrospective Disc2 then they display as is on the control point "Retrospective Disc1" e.g. "Retrospective Disc2". Let me xplain it better for you, on my hard drive i have this album as "\\SYNOLOGY\Disk 3_Music\Music\FLAC\Standard_Tracks\Bread - Retrospective" and under this folder i have 2 subfolders which each one of them contains the tracks of this album "Disc1" and "Disc2"
I can an attachment of the tags so you can see with parentheses and without parentheses.
Is there any command i should add in the minimserver properties so that the parentheses can be displayed on the control point? And if so whats the command ?

Thanks regards
Meffy

I think that if you append (disc n) to an album tag, MinimServer will not show this suffix and will not provide a separate album wor each single disc, like Simon decribed above. Instead, MinimServer will merge all discs into a single multidisc view. For more information, please see this section and this section in the user guide.

As a side note, with MinimServer there is no need for manually tagging multidisc albums with (disc n) in the album tag. Given that you have correct DISCNUMBER and DISCSUBTITLE tags, MinimServer will smartly provide correct multidisc album views to the control point.
(21-06-2014 19:45)Meffy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Simon and thanks for your reply, but... i did as you said,(this is how i had it before) in every track i have taged the album title with dbpoweramp as Retrospective (Disc1) for disc1 and Retrospective (Disc2) for the Disc2 but still when i play the tracks on the bubbleUnPn displays as Retrospective withhout the disc numbers but... if i disable the parentheses and tag them as Retrospective Disc1 e.g. Retrospective Disc2 then they display as is on the control point "Retrospective Disc1" e.g. "Retrospective Disc2". Let me xplain it better for you, on my hard drive i have this album as "\\SYNOLOGY\Disk 3_Music\Music\FLAC\Standard_Tracks\Bread - Retrospective" and under this folder i have 2 subfolders which each one of them contains the tracks of this album "Disc1" and "Disc2"

Thanks regards
Meffy

As I explained in my previous post, the notation (Disc1) at the end of an album tag has a special meaning with MinimServer. The notation [Disc1] also has the same special meaning. If you don't want this special meaning, you need to use some other notation in the album tag, either without the parentheses or without the word 'Disc'.
Reference URL's