MinimServer Forum

Full Version: MinimWatch: Unable to create tray icon or console
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My machine is running Linux with the FVWM2 window manager. I'm not running gnome or kde. When I try to start the graphical version of MinimWatch I get a popup box with the error "Unable to create try icon or console". Is it possible to use the graphical version of MinimWatch in my environment?

(The command line version is working fine.)
(17-06-2014 12:47)adrian Wrote: [ -> ]My machine is running Linux with the FVWM2 window manager. I'm not running gnome or kde. When I try to start the graphical version of MinimWatch I get a popup box with the error "Unable to create try icon or console". Is it possible to use the graphical version of MinimWatch in my environment?

(The command line version is working fine.)

I'm not familiar with the FVWM2 window manager. From this error message, it seems that it doesn't work with Java Swing (used by the graphical version of MinimWatch).

You should be able to do almost everything with the command-line version of MinimWatch. The only feature that isn't supported is viewing the MinimServer log.
FVWM2 is a minimalistic window manager. If I had to guess I'd say that the problem might be that there is no "tray" to put icons on.
(17-06-2014 16:21)adrian Wrote: [ -> ]FVWM2 is a minimalistic window manager. If I had to guess I'd say that the problem might be that there is no "tray" to put icons on.

The MinimWatch graphical interface is designed around the "minim icon" in the system tray. If this capability isn't available, you will need to use the console interface.
Reference URL's