MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Some "custom value conflict" errors during rescan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Simon,

first of all I have to congratulate you for this great server program. Before I used it I had been a longtime user of Twonky but having experienced the added values of Minimserver I immediately changed.

Starting with Minimserver I realized that I had to do a lot of work regarding the metadata of my music files; I usually do it with MP3tag.
My last metadata work was to fill all the "Sort"-fields (AlbumartistSort, ArtistSort, ComposerSort, ConductorSort) with "lastname, firstname" while the corresponding fields are filled with "firstname lastname". I use the tagValue property to sort by the corresponding "Sort-field" (e.g. Artist.value.sort={ArtistSort}) which normally works perfectly as expected. I find e.g. the AlbumArtist "Miles Davis" under "D" (having activated alphaGroup property) and it is dispayed as "Miles Davis".

Rescanning my 1.800 albums and 30.000 items I get 10 "custom value conflict" errors regarding Artist, AlbumArtist, or Composer field. In these cases the "field - fieldSort" logic does not work. I checked the metadata of these albums with MP3tag but found no unnormalties so I suspect that it is not a problem of incorrect metadata.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance for our support
Rainer
(17-06-2014 08:48)bruemmer Wrote: [ -> ]Rescanning my 1.800 albums and 30.000 items I get 10 "custom value conflict" errors regarding Artist, AlbumArtist, or Composer field. In these cases the "field - fieldSort" logic does not work. I checked the metadata of these albums with MP3tag but found no unnormalties so I suspect that it is not a problem of incorrect metadata.

Any idea?

Rainer

Please post the exact text of these 10 messages and please also post your complete tagOptions and tagValue settings.
(17-06-2014 16:09)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-06-2014 08:48)bruemmer Wrote: [ -> ]Rescanning my 1.800 albums and 30.000 items I get 10 "custom value conflict" errors regarding Artist, AlbumArtist, or Composer field. In these cases the "field - fieldSort" logic does not work. I checked the metadata of these albums with MP3tag but found no unnormalties so I suspect that it is not a problem of incorrect metadata.

Any idea?

Rainer

Please post the exact text of these 10 messages and please also post your complete tagOptions and tagValue settings.

Here it is ...
[attachment=466]
[attachment=467]
Regards Rainer
(17-06-2014 19:34)bruemmer Wrote: [ -> ]Here it is ...

Regards Rainer

Thanks very much!

I think this is caused by having inconsistent sort values for the tag values named in these messages.

For example, if one file has the tags:

COMPOSER=Johann Strauss I
COMPOSERSORT=Strauss I, Johann

and another file has the tags:

COMPOSERSORT=Strauss, Johann I

you would get this conflict message.
(17-06-2014 20:01)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-06-2014 19:34)bruemmer Wrote: [ -> ]Here it is ...

Regards Rainer

Thanks very much!

I think this is caused by having inconsistent sort values for the tag values named in these messages.

For example, if one file has the tags:

COMPOSERSORT=Strauss I, Johann

and another file has the tags:

COMPOSERSORT=Strauss, Johann I

you would get this conflict message.

Simon,

thanks for your answer and support.
You're right, it was a conflict as described by you. I found it ...

Regards Rainer
Reference URL's