MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Some "custom value conflict" errors during rescan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Simon,

first of all I have to congratulate you for this great server program. Before I used it I had been a longtime user of Twonky but having experienced the added values of Minimserver I immediately changed.

Starting with Minimserver I realized that I had to do a lot of work regarding the metadata of my music files; I usually do it with MP3tag.
My last metadata work was to fill all the "Sort"-fields (AlbumartistSort, ArtistSort, ComposerSort, ConductorSort) with "lastname, firstname" while the corresponding fields are filled with "firstname lastname". I use the tagValue property to sort by the corresponding "Sort-field" (e.g. Artist.value.sort={ArtistSort}) which normally works perfectly as expected. I find e.g. the AlbumArtist "Miles Davis" under "D" (having activated alphaGroup property) and it is dispayed as "Miles Davis".

Rescanning my 1.800 albums and 30.000 items I get 10 "custom value conflict" errors regarding Artist, AlbumArtist, or Composer field. In these cases the "field - fieldSort" logic does not work. I checked the metadata of these albums with MP3tag but found no unnormalties so I suspect that it is not a problem of incorrect metadata.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance for our support
Rainer
(17-06-2014 08:48)bruemmer Wrote: [ -> ]Rescanning my 1.800 albums and 30.000 items I get 10 "custom value conflict" errors regarding Artist, AlbumArtist, or Composer field. In these cases the "field - fieldSort" logic does not work. I checked the metadata of these albums with MP3tag but found no unnormalties so I suspect that it is not a problem of incorrect metadata.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance for our support
Rainer

Please post the exact text of these 10 messages and please also post your complete tagOptions and tagValue settings.
(17-06-2014 16:09)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-06-2014 08:48)bruemmer Wrote: [ -> ]Rescanning my 1.800 albums and 30.000 items I get 10 "custom value conflict" errors regarding Artist, AlbumArtist, or Composer field. In these cases the "field - fieldSort" logic does not work. I checked the metadata of these albums with MP3tag but found no unnormalties so I suspect that it is not a problem of incorrect metadata.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance for our support
Rainer

Please post the exact text of these 10 messages and please also post your complete tagOptions and tagValue settings.


Here it is ...
[attachment=466]
[attachment=467]
Regards Rainer
(17-06-2014 19:34)bruemmer Wrote: [ -> ]Here it is ...

Regards Rainer

Thanks very much!

I think this is caused by having inconsistent sort values for the tag values named in these messages.

For example, if one file has the tags:

COMPOSER=Johann Strauss I
COMPOSERSORT=Strauss I, Johann

and another file has the tags:

COMPOSER=Johann Strauss I
COMPOSERSORT=Strauss, Johann I

you would get this conflict message.
(17-06-2014 20:01)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-06-2014 19:34)bruemmer Wrote: [ -> ]Here it is ...

Regards Rainer

Thanks very much!

I think this is caused by having inconsistent sort values for the tag values named in these messages.

For example, if one file has the tags:

COMPOSER=Johann Strauss I
COMPOSERSORT=Strauss I, Johann

and another file has the tags:

COMPOSER=Johann Strauss I
COMPOSERSORT=Strauss, Johann I

you would get this conflict message.

Simon,

thanks for your answer and support.
You're right, it was a conflict as described by you. I found it ...

Regards Rainer
Reference URL's