MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Dumb Question from Newbie with QNAP NAS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Fresh from being hacked off with Twonky yet again, I thought I would finally be brave and install Minim on the QNAP TS221 that supplies music to my Linn DS system.

All went well and:
1: MinimServer is installed on QNAP and showing in App Centre in QNAP interface (as is Java)
2: MinimServer is showing on all the control points

But, the only music it shows are the five irritating MP3 samples that QNAP supplies (I can also play these). So the good news is that the inherent system works. But where are my 3186 albums?

Reading on this site I established that the default location for music is Share/Qmultimedia so I installed MinimWatch on my desktop and added Share/Public. Still only the 5 tunes.

Converted one of the tracks from Share/Public to MP3 and copied it across to Share/Qmultimedia to see if I could get 6 tracks but nothing, still 5 (and now bored of plinkety plonkety music).

Gave up frustrated at having got so close on my first go and went to bed.

Any ideas on what I have done wrong?

Many thanks

Ben
(11-06-2014 08:32)benhugh Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

Fresh from being hacked off with Twonky yet again, I thought I would finally be brave and install Minim on the QNAP TS221 that supplies music to my Linn DS system.

All went well and:
1: MinimServer is installed on QNAP and showing in App Centre in QNAP interface (as is Java)

But, the only music it shows are the five irritating MP3 samples that QNAP supplies (I can also play these). So the good news is that the inherent system works. But where are my 3186 albums?

Reading on this site I established that the default location for music is Share/Qmultimedia so I installed MinimWatch on my desktop and added Share/Public. Still only the 5 tunes.

Converted one of the tracks from Share/Public to MP3 and copied it across to Share/Qmultimedia to see if I could get 6 tracks but nothing, still 5 (and now bored of plinkety plonkety music).

Many thanks

Ben

What is the name of the folder on your QNAP that contains your music library? If it is /share/Public (note the small s at the start of 'share'), you need add this to contentDir and then select Rescan from the MinimWatch minim icon to get the contents of this folder scanned by MinimServer.
(11-06-2014 11:22)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-06-2014 08:32)benhugh Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

All went well and:

Many thanks

Ben

What is the name of the folder on your QNAP that contains your music library? If it is /share/Public (note the small s at the start of 'share'), you need add this to contentDir and then select Rescan from the MinimWatch minim icon to get the contents of this folder scanned by MinimServer.

Thanks for the quick reply - much appreciated. Not at home at the moment but will try this tonight. I think I have done that but not 100% so probably didn't.

Can you just confirm a couple of things, this is all done by right clicking on the MinimWatch icon bottom right on my PC. content/DIR is accessible from properties and rescan is directly from the right click?

Secondly, I am assuming that I need the "/share" needs to be "in front" of the "/Public" as this is what has been done with the /share/Qmultimedia. Point taken on the capitalisation - working from memory.

Many thanks

Ben
(11-06-2014 11:31)benhugh Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the quick reply - much appreciated. Not at home at the moment but will try this tonight. I think I have done that but not 100% so probably didn't.

Can you just confirm a couple of things, this is all done by right clicking on the MinimWatch icon bottom right on my PC. content/DIR is accessible from properties and rescan is directly from the right click?

Secondly, I am assuming that I need the "/share" needs to be "in front" of the "/Public" as this is what has been done with the /share/Qmultimedia. Point taken on the capitalisation - working from memory.

Many thanks

Ben

Yes to all of the above. Smile
(11-06-2014 12:21)simoncn Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-06-2014 11:31)benhugh Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the quick reply - much appreciated. Not at home at the moment but will try this tonight. I think I have done that but not 100% so probably didn't.

Many thanks

Ben

Yes to all of the above. Smile

That's encouraging, I know where to look Smile
Thank you Simon - working wonderfully. Twonky consigned to the bin.

Ben
Reference URL's