MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Unable to install Minimwatch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody,

I don't success to install correctly Minimwatch on my laptop to control the Minimserver on my Synology NAS. My knowledge is limited : I need your help.

For the story, first I successed to install Minimwatch, but the icon stays always grey (no Minimserver detected, where it works perfectly on my NAS). I tried to change the subnet parameter in the configuration panel, but without success. And I guess that I have uninstalled the soft before reinitializing this parameter...

Now, when I try to reinstall Minimwatch, the following error message appears at the launching: ""OhNetService : incorrect value for property subnet"". The soft doesn't start and I have no longer access to the Minimwatch menu to change this parameter...

Can you help me?

Thanks.

Max.

my configuration :
-Windows 7 64 bits
-Java 7 Update 60 (64 bits)
-Minimwatch-0.8.1-install-x64
(08-06-2014 11:04)IIII Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everybody,

I don't success to install correctly Minimwatch on my laptop to control the Minimserver on my Synology NAS. My knowledge is limited : I need your help.

For the story, first I successed to install Minimwatch, but the icon stays always grey (no Minimserver detected, where it works perfectly on my NAS). I tried to change the subnet parameter in the configuration panel, but without success. And I guess that I have uninstalled the soft before reinitializing this parameter...

Now, when I try to reinstall Minimwatch, the following error message appears at the launching: ""OhNetService : incorrect value for property subnet"". The soft doesn't start and I have no longer access to the Minimwatch menu to change this parameter...

Can you help me?

Thanks.

Max.

my configuration :
-Windows 7 64 bits
-Java 7 Update 60 (64 bits)
-Minimwatch-0.8.1-install-x64

To fix the ohnet.subnet problem, you can delete the minimwatch.config file in the folder

C:\Users\<your-user-name>\AppData\Roaming\MinimWatch\data

The AppData folder is hidden in Explorer, so you need to type the above path in full into the Explorer address bar.

Your original problem might be a firewall issue. As a test, try disabling the Windows firewall to see if this works.

If you have mutiple active network adapters, you might need to set the ohnet.subnet property. What value did you try for this previously?
Dear Simoncn,

Thanks for your quick response.

EDIT :
Finally, by changing the permission access of my windows account, and by disabling again the windows firewall the Minimwatch icon turns now to yellow then green.
When I restart the windows firewall, the Minimwatch stays grey again.

How can I fix it definitively ?

If it can help, this is the Minimwatch log :

MinimWatch 0.8.1 update 20, Copyright © 2012-2014 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_60-b19)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.60-b09, mixed mode)
Platform default charset is windows-1252
Active subnet is 192.168.1.0
MinimServer[DiskStation] is running
Startup complete

Thanks for your following up.

Max.
(08-06-2014 16:36)IIII Wrote: [ -> ]Dear Simoncn,

Thanks for your quick response.

EDIT :
Finally, by changing the permission access of my windows account, and by disabling again the windows firewall the Minimwatch icon turns now to yellow then green.
When I restart the windows firewall, the Minimwatch stays grey again.

How can I fix it definitively ?

If it can help, this is the Minimwatch log :

MinimWatch 0.8.1 update 20, Copyright © 2012-2014 Simon Nash. All rights reserved.
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_60-b19)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.60-b09, mixed mode)
Platform default charset is windows-1252
Active subnet is 192.168.1.0
MinimServer[DiskStation] is running
Startup complete

Thanks for your following up.

Max.

See this post, which explains how to fix it for MinimServer running on Windows. You can do the same thing for MinimWatch.
Ok, thanks.
In fact, the method in the post doesn't work directly on my case, but by changing manually the permission access of th Java SE it works now.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards.

Max.
Reference URL's