MinimServer Forum

Full Version: error: ACL not supported for this volume or share
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, what does this error mean?

error: ACL not supported for this volume or share

I'm using a Syno DS410, getting the above message after install(startup after install box unticked), ms can't start either. Java 7(Patters) installed.

Thanks in advance. Huh
(27-05-2014 14:27)evilniek Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, what does this error mean?

error: ACL not supported for this volume or share

I'm using a Syno DS410, getting the above message after install(startup after install box unticked), ms can't start either. Java 7(Patters) installed.

Thanks in advance. Huh

I presume you are running DSM 5.0 on the DS410.

According to this page, volumes created by DSM 2.3 or earlier do not support ACL (see the first Note). Was /volume1 on your NAS created by DSM 2.3 or earlier? If so, the MinimServer installer won't be able to create the ACLs that it needs on the MinimServer shared folder.

If this is the cause of the problem, you might be able to work around it by manually setting access permissions for the MinimServer shared folder to allow access to this folder by all users.

Another option is to backup the NAS contents, reformat the HDD using DSM 5.0, restore your backup and install MinimServer.
Thank you for clearing that up.

Another question, where do i find this MinimServer shared folder you mentioned?
(28-05-2014 12:32)evilniek Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for clearing that up.

Another question, where do i find this MinimServer shared folder you mentioned?

There is a Shared Folder icon at the top left of the DSM Control Panel. If you click this, it will show all your shared folders.
Reference URL's