MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Problem in displaying date of individual track
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have an album where each track has different value of date field.

When I try to display the date field using tagFormat as Album.displayFormat={$date} the result concatenates distinct values of date field for all tracks in that album separated by ','.

For example if my album has 3 tracks with date 2012, 2013 and 2014 the display shows 2012, 2013, 2014.

How to avoid this problem ?

I've tried this using Bubble UPnP and PS Audio eLyrics with same result. My tracks are tagged using iTunes.

Regards,
Sourav
(19-05-2014 22:03)smazumder Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I have an album where each track has different value of date field.

When I try to display the date field using tagFormat as Album.displayFormat={$date} the result concatenates distinct values of date field for all tracks in that album separated by ','.

For example if my album has 3 tracks with date 2012, 2013 and 2014 the display shows 2012, 2013, 2014.

How to avoid this problem ?

I've tried this using Bubble UPnP and PS Audio eLyrics with same result. My tracks are tagged using iTunes.

Regards,
Sourav

I don't understand why this is a problem. This is how tagFormat works for tags with multiple values. Which date do you think should be shown?
I think the date for the particular track should be shown as all other information is at track level.

Regards,
Sourav
(19-05-2014 22:26)smazumder Wrote: [ -> ]I think the date for the particular track should be shown as all other information is at track level.

Regards,
Sourav

As you are using Album.displayFormat={$date}, you are getting the Date tags for the album. If you want the Date tag for an individual track, you need to use Title.displayFormat={$date}.
Thanks for the same Simon. It did work. It worked for Artist.displayFormat too. I realized that Artist and Title are at individual track level and Album at album level.

Thanks a lot for your support.

The more I'm using Minim Server the more I'm likint it. It's the most flexible music server I've used so far !!!

Regards,
Sourav
Reference URL's