MinimServer Forum

Full Version: Migrated to Synology - Whats the story behind all those @eaDir files?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Slightly off-topic maybe, but I migrated from my old ReadyNAS NVX to a beautiful new Synology NAS box. All is well so far and got MinimServer running, but I got tons of "@eaDir" directories which must have been created when copying stuff across from the ReadyNAS (??).

Now, what do these directories mean, how do I get rid of them and how do I avoid that they get created again?

Many Thanks
bbrip
(26-04-2014 23:55)bbrip Wrote: [ -> ]Slightly off-topic maybe, but I migrated from my old ReadyNAS NVX to a beautiful new Synology NAS box. All is well so far and got MinimServer running, but I got tons of "@eaDir" directories which must have been created when copying stuff across from the ReadyNAS (??).

Now, what do these directories mean, how do I get rid of them and how do I avoid that they get created again?

Many Thanks
bbrip

A quick Google search brings up this page. Scroll down to the comments to find a way to stop them coming back.
Thanks Simon,

new devices always mean new troubles... My Synology doesnt let me SSH-in thru Mac-terminal despite having forwarded port 22 on the router and within Synology DSM. Tells me "Connection refused" Any ideas?
(27-04-2014 11:04)bbrip Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Simon,

new devices always mean new troubles... My Synology doesnt let me SSH-in thru Mac-terminal despite having forwarded port 22 on the router and within Synology DSM. Tells me "Connection refused" Any ideas?

You need to enable SSH using Control Panel > Terminal & SNMP.
Thanks Simon, I had that, but on rechecking noticed that the Port settings were not saved (resp. a reboot of the NAS was needed), so I did it again and now SSH works.... Still need to figure out how to access the box remotely but digging around in the Synology forums for that Wink

I Have the eaDir files deleted. They really had a quite significant impact on the speed of MinimServer scanning the files (because effectively the number of folders doubled.....)

I'll watch whether they'll pop up again..

Thanks again
bbrip
Reference URL's